Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Star Wars: Uprising (a new POST-ROTJ game)...
Star Wars: Uprising (a new POST-ROTJ game)...
2015-06-06, 11:43 PM #41
Originally posted by Jon`C:
I've been uncomfortable for a long time with this forum's habit of selecting some arbitrary least popular person still left, driving them off, and starting over. If anything's to blame for Massassi shutting down it's that.

Other than Koobie, I mean. That dude had to go.

Come again?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2015-06-07, 9:17 AM #42
Jon apparently doesn't approve of the idea that many of us regard Reid as the PUA douche who spouted a bunch of douchey PUA garbage until everyone told him what a douche it made him look like. Then he apologized and explained that he was totally only like that because he thought it would make the nerds like him.

So then he became a pseudointellectual overnight, and I guess we're all supposed to be cool with him now and believe that he isn't still just a sycophant vomiting up things he read on another forum in an effort to inflate his self image by way of impressing the nerds.
>>untie shoes
2015-06-07, 9:30 AM #43
2015-06-07, 9:37 AM #44
Well, all of us have had our moments of ... uh, evil... and most of us have gotten over it and become better people (to a degree, at least).

And I didn't really mean "omg no Reid kills massassi!" with my previous post, but more like "you know, maybe these inane arguments (which these days do happen to involve Reid; a few years ago it would have been someone else) are what we ultimately deserve, as in the end we don't seem to have become better people after all!".

So let's burger

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/smiley/fgrburger.png]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2015-06-07, 10:48 AM #45
2015-06-07, 11:13 AM #46
[http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/500986308_vZAPX/0/1050x10000/500986308_vZAPX-1050x10000.jpg]
2015-06-07, 11:18 AM #47
[http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/1142710531_2hmwb/0/1050x10000/1142710531_2hmwb-1050x10000.jpg]
[http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/1147120024_YJaho/0/1050x10000/1147120024_YJaho-1050x10000.jpg]
[http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/1148982942_9gK6P/0/1050x10000/1148982942_9gK6P-1050x10000.jpg]
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2015-06-07, 12:54 PM #48
Originally posted by Antony:
Jon apparently doesn't approve of the idea that many of us regard Reid as
and the part of which I least approve is describing any number of us as "many"
2015-06-07, 1:54 PM #49
2015-06-07, 5:43 PM #50
On the other hand, Gold, I am frequently simply hostile and obstinate. I'm almost always mean, but virtually never mean spirited.

Oddly, this entire exchange has caused Reid to kinda grow on me. This is a process that virtually everyone I know must endure.
>>untie shoes
2015-06-07, 7:18 PM #51
One of these days I wish to grow on you.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2015-06-07, 8:01 PM #52
Don't ****ing count on it, Kroko.
>>untie shoes
2015-06-07, 8:25 PM #53
It's not like I'm holding my breath or anything.
2015-06-08, 2:41 PM #54
I wish you would, Korko.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2015-06-08, 7:14 PM #55
:(
2015-06-09, 1:55 PM #56
Originally posted by Reid:
I hope you realize that, if you can give a good argument, that Jon will accept that, and he will defend his views to the end. He's a debater, and a good one. He seems only to get hostile in the face of obstinate or irrational behavior; which is why he was always so hostile to Koobie.

He and others have been mean, but they also give their best advice. If you simply reject the advice, what is he to do? At a certain point in debate the only way he could convince someone is to read a book on horse psychology in hopes he can get one to drink.

I find it ironic he would be uncomfortable with running people out of the community via harrassment or insulting when he is probably one of the first to join that wagon when it comes to me. I know you all feel that I deserve it, and I probably do, but it is still ironic none the less.

Now I will watch Jon'C come and aggressively lecture me about the use of the word ironic, wasting no opportunity to remind me that I live in Mexico and that I am Mexican (even though I am an American citizen, born on U.S. soil), backed by the entire forum, no doubt.
2015-06-09, 4:33 PM #57
Yeah, but you seem to be missing a crucial distinction.

He isn't doing it out of malice. He's doing it because you're always wrong.
>>untie shoes
2015-06-09, 7:50 PM #58
Sfgoldg01, lil newsflash for you here buddy: being a citizen of a country you barely remember doesn't make you one of them, nor does it make you competent to speak about American issues from ther perspective. That's my ****ing point. Nobody gives a **** whether or not you need a damn work visa.
2015-06-09, 11:18 PM #59
I think I discovered some kind of Uncertainty Principle of Penny Arcade Funniness.

Whenever it gets posted here, I always think to myself, "PA jus` t`ain't funny".

Poking around on google for kindred spirits, I found comparisons to other comics that actually amuse me, like xkcd.

However, going back to this thread and reading the strips posted here, I read the dialogue in the (invariably and irrevocably sarcastic) voice of the person who posted it, and I became amused.
2015-06-10, 5:55 AM #60
Originally posted by Reid:
Can't people even remember what a chore diablo became after a few hours?

You're talking to somebody who willingly plays Path of Exile. When I was born, the part of my brain that begins to limit the amount of dopamine with repetition was missing. And I still play Diablo II. I've easily spent thousands of hours playing that game.

That said, calling this game a diablo clone is undoubtedly far too flattering. I'm guessing it's going to be more of a Cardinal Quest.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2015-06-10, 7:38 AM #61
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
However, going back to this thread and reading the strips posted here, I read the dialogue in the (invariably and irrevocably sarcastic) voice of the person who posted it, and I became amused.

Don't tell me you want full 100% voiced interpretations of PA strips by FGR and GBK.

Can the world take such a hit?

Or did I miss a consonant? Hoo-haw!
2015-06-10, 9:26 AM #62
I'm curious as to how he reads them in the voices of people whom he's never heard speak.
>>untie shoes
2015-06-10, 2:16 PM #63
Sfgoldg01, lil newsflash for you here buddy: being a citizen of a country you barely remember doesn't make you one of them, nor does it make you competent to speak about American issues from ther perspective. That's my ****ing point. Nobody gives a **** whether or not you need a damn work visa.

So... this year or the start of next year, I will be paying a visit to the fatherland... might stay there more than just a few months... will that qualify?
2015-06-10, 2:55 PM #64
Nope.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2015-06-10, 5:20 PM #65
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
So... this year or the start of next year, I will be paying a visit to the fatherland... might stay there more than just a few months... will that qualify?

I'm not an American so I really don't know or especially care what it would take to be considered one. All I do know is that if I encountered some filthy tuhao peasant calling itself a canadian after a 5 month vay-cay I would flay it, regardless of what country owned the patch of rock where its clutch was deposited.

and I don't even like Canada
2015-06-10, 11:18 PM #66
Originally posted by Antony:
I'm curious as to how he reads them in the voices of people whom he's never heard speak.

Sure, I don't actually know what they sound like IRL. Nevertheless, the narrator I've given them has a pretty distinctive manner of speaking (as do Antony, Reid, Jon`C, Freelancer, ...).
2015-06-11, 12:44 AM #67
Well, it's reasonable to expect that FGR does not utilize syllables or any phonetic sounds known to the western world, as he's Finnish. GBK, on the other hand, begins every sentence with "Yessir" and ends it with "mm'hmm" as he's from Kentucky.

I hope this helps.
>>untie shoes
2015-06-11, 5:57 AM #68
That's correct.

Here's genuine footage from the 1980s starring GBK and I

2015-06-11, 8:35 AM #69
It's true. But can you guess who is who? Here's a hint: I wasn't the one wearing the Klingon monkey suit.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2015-06-11, 11:23 AM #70
I'm not an American so I really don't know or especially care what it would take to be considered one.

So why do you care if I consider myself American? I do actually meet plenty of Americans down here, believe it or not, since I moved closer to the central part of the country, and there are plenty of students, retired people, people on business or working here, etc, and not once have I felt different or like I didn't belong when associating them. I cannot however say the same for Europeans (germans and french especially) or Asians that I encounter; they are usually most unfriendly or just simply racist towards anyone different than them.
2015-06-11, 12:31 PM #71
Coolmatty, I think the forums are bugged. The title says this is a thread about a star wars game, but I'm getting some spam posts about American work visas. Thought I'd log in to point out the bug. I suggest deleting the whole thing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2015-06-11, 12:35 PM #72
actually it's an easy fix just change the title
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2015-06-11, 1:01 PM #73
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
actually it's an easy fix just change the title

Thank you for your contribution, I would like to shift the discussion of this thread to explaining my joke and then arguing about forum software, as I believe this is the new agreed upon format for The Massassi Temple.

I am just having fun and wanted to post instead of lurk before things go away. Glad to see you're all still *******s. :D
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2015-06-11, 2:15 PM #74
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Coolmatty, I think the forums are bugged. The title says this is a thread about a star wars game, but I'm getting some spam posts about American work visas.

Well it was, except we already covered literally every single detail from this sad non-nouncement within the first 4 replies so unless you're asserting that all topics of discussion are unique and beautiful and must be sealed in amber forever, I assume you have something of value to share on the subject of Star Wars: Generic Crap Browser Diablo.
2015-06-11, 3:33 PM #75
Well it was, except we already covered literally every single detail from this sad non-nouncement within the first 4 replies so unless you're asserting that all topics of discussion are unique and beautiful and must be sealed in amber forever, I assume you have something of value to share on the subject of Star Wars: Generic Crap Browser Diablo.

I miss you, how have you been?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2015-06-11, 3:44 PM #76
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Thank you for your contribution, I would like to shift the discussion of this thread to explaining my joke and then arguing about forum software, as I believe this is the new agreed upon format for The Massassi Temple.

I am just having fun and wanted to post instead of lurk before things go away. Glad to see you're all still *******s. :D

Well, the joke is that those aren't actually spam posts, they're actual posts community members made that are unrelated to the original topic of the thread. You elaborated further on the joke by suggesting that CoolMatty fix the problem by deleting the thread. This is an ironic proposal because it calls for a measure often taken by message board staff to deal with threads that have gone off-topic.

Now that we've got that out of the way, I think forum software is bad, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2015-06-11, 4:35 PM #77
Ladies and Gentlemen, Michael MacFarlane for the part of Reid!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2015-06-11, 4:54 PM #78
hey kirbs
2015-06-12, 1:35 AM #79
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane:
Now that we've got that out of the way, I think forum software is bad, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

Most forum software doesn't let you like/dislike/vote which automatically gives it a solid lead in my book.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2015-06-12, 2:14 PM #80

↑ Up to the top!