Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Forum Images
Forum Images
2016-02-23, 4:52 PM #1
Hey does anyone with some image editing chops feel like making some replacement images for the forums? I'm not talking about all of them, just the ones that are all over the place, like the ones in these screenshots:

2016-02-23, 11:53 PM #2
Have you considered just using something like Glyphicons? The free ones probably cover everything you'd need, they're quite minimalistic, & since they're primarily solid colors, one could quickly use the fill option in their favorite paint program to make multiple versions (e.g. seen & unseen). The Git icons are especially good, if you intend to start a pr0n forum. There's literally Glyphs for wining, dining, & Git Comparing.
? :)
2016-02-24, 7:40 AM #3
If something like what Mentat doesn't cut it, let us know what sort of images you had in mind. I might be able to take a stab at it. :)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2016-02-24, 7:49 AM #4
I was thinking of at least something that fits the color theme as opposed to the weird gray which looks out of place. I may try to dig up the old ubb icons, I think they were custom made by someone. It will take me going through like 15 old hard drives.
2016-02-24, 8:05 AM #5
Seconded Glyphicons or some other webfont. They are super sharp and scale well for all devices.
2016-02-24, 8:29 AM #6
I didn't realize the glyphicons were a font; so that allows me to do custom colors which is cool (as long as the entire icon is one color). Will look into it further.
2016-02-24, 8:30 AM #7
Originally posted by Brian:
I was thinking of at least something that fits the color theme as opposed to the weird gray which looks out of place. I may try to dig up the old ubb icons, I think they were custom made by someone. It will take me going through like 15 old hard drives.

Keep in mind that, at least at this time, there are other forum themes offered. I actually use the vb4 default at work myself, though at home, I use Massassi Forest.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2016-02-24, 8:38 AM #8
Yeah I can set the icons on a per-theme basis so there shouldn't be any issue there. Assuming the templates aren't toooooo screwed up (not holding my breath).
2016-02-24, 11:28 AM #9
I actually prefer Font Awesome over Glyphicons. Same premise though.

↑ Up to the top!