Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help me build a PC pls
Help me build a PC pls
2016-06-27, 4:47 PM #1
Sup nerds, I'm looking at putting together a relatively cheap PC mostly for the purposes of music production. Would anyone mind having a wee look over the parts list I'm looking at and suggest any possible improvements if needed? I'm sure there's glaring flaws.

I haven't really played PC games in years and if I was going to it'd probably be stuff like Stardew Valley and FTL so I can't really see me needing a GPU but feel free to suggest otherwise.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500
CPU Cooler: Titan TTC-NC95TZ(RB)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A
Memory: Kingston FURY 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666
Storage 1: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Storage 2: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
Case: NZXT S340
Power Supply: Corsair CX430M
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T8E

Ta.
nope.
2016-06-27, 6:25 PM #2
Play Overwatch w/ me, chump.
2016-06-27, 9:54 PM #3
I was hoping to hop on the VR goggle bandwaggon, not for games, but for my own software experiments. I require it to run on Linux, and prefer open source drivers. I was planning on getting OSVR HDK2, and the brand new Radeon RX 480 ($200).
2016-06-27, 11:55 PM #4
music production i'd up the data storage and i'm guessing you already have the audio interface situation figured out
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!