Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Bryar is back
The Bryar is back
2016-09-15, 5:01 AM #1
The new Battlefront DLC adds the Bryar as a usable weapon. http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/death-star

I don't care much for the game. But it's nice to see that Dark Forces isn't totally forgotten.
Sorry for the lousy German
2016-09-15, 5:12 AM #2
Ooh, just recognised the laser mine. That's nice.
2016-09-15, 6:50 AM #3
the repeater is also from JO. All color has been removed though, because y'know.
2016-09-15, 7:43 AM #4
The new realism is removing all brown.
2016-09-15, 8:19 AM #5
I'm tired of multiplayer-only games; give me a single-player campaign! (Or coop campaign.)
2016-09-15, 8:54 AM #6
I have 4 hours of gameplay in for SW: Battlefront. And I'm quite sure that I've spent 79% of that time on the Battle of Hoth training mission - which is essentially the first level of Shadows of the Empire with 2015 graphics et al. It's pretty good, even though you sort of get bored of it after a while, only to revisit after a few months...
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2016-09-15, 11:39 AM #7
Originally posted by Brian:
I'm tired of multiplayer-only games; give me a single-player campaign! (Or coop campaign.)

Yeah, a lot of good work into something that will be pretty much functionally dead when EA decide to not host the servers any longer (or when Battlefront 2 comes out?). I just don't think EA cares much about a whole new SP game unless they find a way to monetize it to death.

Is the trip mine Ravensoft's design or was that an EU design they used? I felt some of Raven's weapons were carry-overs from their previous Star Trek game work.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2016-09-15, 7:22 PM #8
wait, wasn't Kyle's Bryar a "sawed-off" version of another gun?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2016-09-15, 8:02 PM #9
He got the Bryar rifle as a present from his father, and decided to saw that down into the Bryar pistol. That is, if Wookieepedia is to be believed.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2016-09-16, 12:43 AM #10
I got my penis as a present from Kyle's father, and I decided to saw it down so it wouldn't be so damn long.

Originally posted by Straight Man in a FGR Internet Comedy Routine:
Is any of that true?

Well, there's an inch of truth to that!

: D

: D

D :

D_;
2016-09-16, 6:39 AM #11
How inch was it??
2016-09-16, 6:40 AM #12
am i doing this right
2016-09-16, 7:33 AM #13
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART, LISABEROPUS!
2016-09-16, 5:49 PM #14
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:
I have 4 hours of gameplay in for SW: Battlefront. And I'm quite sure that I've spent 79% of that time on the Battle of Hoth training mission - which is essentially the first level of Shadows of the Empire with 2015 graphics et al. It's pretty good, even though you sort of get bored of it after a while, only to revisit after a few months...

This is almost exactly what I was thinking about posting here after seeing the trailer for the DLC today. I was also wondering if Bossk was running around with a concussion rifle but I really didn't pay that much attention.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2016-09-18, 12:12 AM #15
Originally posted by Brian:

Isn't it grand being charged $100+ for empty servers a month down the road? That's why I didn't touch this game with a ten-foot pole.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!