Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi Bread Parade: New Forum Structure
Massassi Bread Parade: New Forum Structure
2017-03-25, 1:52 PM #41
I didn't vote because I thought FGR was going to win anyway
2017-03-25, 1:57 PM #42
Well, it doesn't matter. The powers that be will never follow the will of the people. Your vote doesn't count.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2017-03-25, 2:13 PM #43
3 million of those votes were illegal
2017-03-25, 2:19 PM #44
At any rate, Massassian democracy was always in the hands of the military junta.

We draw the line when MSB black-ops hack into the matrix and slip in a change to the AT-ST cog so that it guns down Massassian protesters.
2017-04-30, 11:49 PM #45
Bump.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2017-05-01, 12:15 AM #46
I'm sorry, I didn't get that. I can't hear you over here.

Did you mean to post in the other thread?
2017-05-01, 11:46 AM #47
Here's a Vice article talking about the decline of Something Awful and internet forums in general. Enjoy!

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/****-you-and-die-an-oral-history-of-something-awful

Edit: You will need to edit the link. Of course.
2017-05-01, 11:49 AM #48
****ing swear filter.
2017-05-01, 11:59 AM #49
I read a bit of that article last week. I didn't frequent SA and was only dimly aware of 4chan in its heyday, so it really puts things into perspective to think of 4chan as a SA ****posting refuge. And from within 4chan, /pol/ was called a "containment board", but which actually became virulent and attracted unironic skinheads from Stormfront, so you can really see how refugees of internet boards being filtered through various sieves for quality end up in a hazardous disposal container that took on some form of radioactive life on its own.

In other words /pol/ is the online equivalent of ISIS.
2017-05-01, 12:05 PM #50
I never was part of SA, but I like to think (from what I gather in that VICE article) that it represent(ed?) a more literate form of internet humor, and frowned upon inane images macros / memes that weren't also clever.
2017-05-01, 12:17 PM #51
I just wish that NEO-TODOA would get on Gaming Garbage.
2017-05-01, 6:46 PM #52
Speaking of forums, https is off..?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2017-05-01, 8:13 PM #53
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Speaking of forums, https is off..?

on my default for me
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2017-05-02, 7:07 AM #54
why is thread 2 pages
2017-05-02, 7:34 AM #55
Originally posted by saberopus:
why is thread 2 pages

Then again, why not?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2017-05-02, 7:51 AM #56
no don't
2017-05-02, 8:08 AM #57
Rogue Page - A saberopus' Woe Story
2017-05-02, 9:13 AM #58
they call me pagerwoepus

they call me pagewizard
2017-05-02, 8:37 PM #59
Anybody up for ritualized bouts of insanity? It would keep things fresh if every once in a while someone would take the initiative and start a thread, in which the remainder of the community coaxes him to climb down from his heightened state of mind and back to black and white reality. Maybe like a Massassi version of an acid test, or a shamanic rite of passage.

OTOH this could open the floodgates to chan-tier ****posters.

InB4 "Jones your entire post history is a sustained bout of insanity"
2017-05-03, 8:59 AM #60
we need to adapt in order to survive this new media environment
former entrepreneur
2017-05-03, 9:39 AM #61
Originally posted by Reverend Jones:
Anybody up for ritualized bouts of insanity? It would keep things fresh if every once in a while someone would take the initiative and start a thread, in which the remainder of the community coaxes him to climb down from his heightened state of mind and back to black and white reality. Maybe like a Massassi version of an acid test, or a shamanic rite of passage.

OTOH this could open the floodgates to chan-tier ****posters.

InB4 "Jones your entire post history is a sustained bout of insanity"

We could do full blown decentralized discordian rituals
2017-05-03, 9:42 AM #62
If I started a thread, "AskMassassi, what your favorite TIL LPT that caused you to make up an exaggerated childhood story?" would that be an acceptable bout of Reddit Simulation Insanity?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-05-03, 10:53 AM #63
If Reddit really is taking up the cause of the "exaggerated childhood story" and we copied it here, we'd be imitators of imitators, since it sounds like they are themselves imitating the 4chan greentext stories.
2017-05-03, 11:03 AM #64
In any case, once more with f-eeling, this is the main point of the thread:

Create a new forum section for the Trump thread and move it there. Prevent any other threads from being created in the said section (titled Trumpland or something).

Merge all other forums into a section titled "The Rest" or something, which is where you can find... the rest.

Brian Lozier, will you marry m- uh, do this?
2017-05-03, 11:08 AM #65
Or just move the Trump thread to the religion section, along with all other political threads that aren't just recounting factual events.
2017-05-03, 11:25 AM #66
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:

Ban FGR.

Fixed
I had a blog. It sucked.
2017-05-03, 11:27 AM #67
Well we need to have two sections, one for the facts and one for alternative facts
2017-05-03, 11:29 AM #68
What would be funniest of all is to just hide the Trump thread from IP addresses outside the American continent.

It would be like we Burgerboys all got hellbanned by the King of Finland as punishment for our collective antics.
2017-05-03, 11:30 AM #69
You can try to ignore him, but just wait until we extend that border wall to Scandinavia.

Edit: that word does not include Finland? Hm, I hope I didn't just make an insult by mistake....
2017-05-03, 11:46 AM #70
Originally posted by Nikumubeki:

Create a new forum section for the Trump thread and move it there. Prevent any other threads from being created in the said section (titled Trumpland or something).

Merge all other forums into a section titled "The Rest" or something, which is where you can find... the rest.

Here's how the last 30 days break down.

5 threads about politics and current events
2 threads about popular culture
3 threads about modding
3 threads about games/tech
4 threads about general discussion topics
2 threads Nikumubeki bumped because he is a funny guy
1 thread where Nikumubeki complains about people talking about things he doesn't care about
2017-05-03, 11:50 AM #71
: |
2017-05-03, 11:51 AM #72
.'/
2017-05-03, 12:13 PM #73
At least there was one JK related thread in the last 30 days.

It was a tech support question asking how to run it.

Still, that's pretty good for a 20 year old game.
2017-05-11, 3:09 AM #74
Originally posted by Spook:
on my default for me

Chrome browser glitch? It's "on" most of the time.

SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2017-05-11, 3:33 AM #75
I've never noticed that it was off.
former entrepreneur
2017-05-11, 4:04 AM #76
If the thread contains hotlinked images from other (non-secure?) sites, it's gonna appear as "off".

And what kind of a bull*HOOT* system is that? "HEY THIS CONNECTION IS NOW 100% SECURE - or so we say - BUT WHAT'S THIS OH MY GOD YOU HAVE ONE HOTLINKED PICTURE THERE now everytheen's gonna get haxed!"

Oy.
2017-05-11, 7:52 AM #77
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
Chrome browser glitch? It's "on" most of the time.

Weird. I am usually on safari
2017-05-11, 8:16 AM #78
Yeah it would be really nice if we could limit [ img ] tags to https but vbulletin sucks. That means if someone includes anything in their post that isn't https it will cause that. Emoticons and externally-hosted images are what do it. There may be someone with a non-secure avatar as well but I haven't seen that in a while (when I see it I go in and change to https). I also suppose it's possible that vbulletin does something sneaky like put in a silent/hidden request to their servers periodically for license tracking or something, and that may also trigger it :(
2017-05-16, 4:37 PM #79
I did run into a thing with the ssl yesterday. I was at my son's basketball practice and connected to the school's wifi. Apparently massassi is blocked or something but since it's an ssl connection the browser freaks out and says the cert is invalid. I think whatever "security appliance" they are using sends its own cert for blocked sites so the browser freaked out before ever actually connecting. Probably it's blocked because it has "ass" twice in the domain name.

I do use my massassi dot com email address for _everything_ so it's always fun reading my email address to people; myname _at_ M A S S - A S S - I dot com. "What was that sir? Mass Ass Eye?" "Yep, that's it."
2017-05-27, 11:21 PM #80
This thread does not deliver.

↑ Up to the top!