Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Announcing Jedi Knight & MotS Level 3D Preview
Announcing Jedi Knight & MotS Level 3D Preview
2019-09-12, 11:09 AM #41
Nice!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2019-09-27, 9:21 AM #42
Well, it's still not fully functional, f.ex. with Rebel Agent (which is still one of the best SP levels ever made - for any game) here:

https://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1900.shtml
2019-09-27, 9:41 AM #43
Hm, maybe the resource gobs for mots are missing; although other mots levels sort of work, they have tons of missing textures. I'll try to look into the gob issue but the "loading failed" probably needs attention from Stereo.
2019-10-04, 11:27 AM #44
The archive for Rebel Agent contains an .exe file. The previewer cannot digest that; it expects a .gob.
2019-10-05, 4:21 AM #45
I added a "fixup" feature to jkview so that we can support Rebel Agent:

1. After you fetch the latest code from GitHub, you'll see a folder named "fixups" created.
2. Download 1900.zip from http://bit.ly/338mbsC and put it there. I created this file by running the Rebel Agent installer and zippig up its readme.txt + .goo files.
3. Restart the server. Then this 1900.zip file will be used instead of the official archive ... and the level preview should work.
2019-10-05, 4:34 AM #46
Ah, that makes sense! Thanks for the heads-up.

Rebel Agent definitely deserves a special zip for this purpose, even though there are many other levels with EXE installers.
2019-10-05, 10:19 PM #47
I could probably write a tool that would find all the .exe installers, extract them, and make special fixup folders. But that seems like a lot of work without a lot of benefit. Maybe jkview could just put a reasonable error message; "Unable to show 3d preview because no .gob found; however, an exe was found, so you'll have to download the level." Or something more concise.

I can do it manually using your instructions for this file. (maybe not this weekend, though, sorry)

I was thinking about taking away the 3d preview box on each level page, or at least making it click-to-play. Does anyone have a problem with this? Stereo and I discussed this and he provided a way to make it click-to-play but it just has a static image rather than like a "screenshot" of what the 3d preview would show.
2019-10-11, 9:53 AM #48
I think click to play is a good idea. Saves bandwidth and power.

↑ Up to the top!