Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hey Massassi, have a nice day!
Hey Massassi, have a nice day!
2021-07-29, 10:23 AM #41
Originally posted by Brian:
I'm happy to be rid of the Trump thread and to get the politics posts off the forums. I'd rather talk about Jedi Knight. .. Although I don't have anything to say about Jedi Knight.

Oh yeah, it's totally the time for the sequel to this:

Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2021-08-08, 4:47 AM #42
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
As for the house we're planning to buy it finished from a flipper, the advantage is he is willing to lock us into a price and keep it off the market. Currently most homes go $50k-$100k over asking price on bids. I'm thinking about doing a 5 year plan to fix up the yard, add a concrete driveway and garage and see if I can sell for something better, but we'll see what happens.

You should update us when you get the house, 5 years seems less of flipper and more of an actual commitment assuming you are staying at that place? In a year, the currently hot market would probably different but in five it might be up again, maybe. Still trying to close on my place...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2021-08-08, 8:51 AM #43
The saberopium must flow.
2021-08-08, 2:47 PM #44
Originally posted by ECHOMAN:
You should update us when you get the house, 5 years seems less of flipper and more of an actual commitment assuming you are staying at that place? In a year, the currently hot market would probably different but in five it might be up again, maybe. Still trying to close on my place...

I signed the contract for the house last Tuesday, so things are picking up pace with the renovation.
Before:

After:

The reason I'm aiming for a 5 year plan is that it should be enough time to generate the finances to lay in a concrete driveway and build a 2 car garage. My wife and I have 2 of the 3 kids we're planning on having,
and the idea is we'll try for the 3rd in a year or two and then have some time to settle before we think about going anywhere else.
My blawgh.
2021-08-09, 1:32 PM #45
Originally posted by Brian:
I meant I was glad people weren't talking about politics here anymore, not that I was going to try to purge all political threads (or even that on in particular). I'm not planning on deleting anything.

Sounds like something a free speech hating liberal would say 😏

↑ Up to the top!