Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What is the best Star Wars movie?
What is the best Star Wars movie?
2023-07-06, 9:50 PM #41
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The prequels are better than the sequels, because the prequels are campy enough to be memeable. Also, there was at least an attempt to be creative with the world building.

The real question is whether the sequels are worse than the Hobbit movies.

Both are stupid, but the sequels at least had some fan service jokes that sorta landed the first go through. On the other hand, the sequels felt very, very lazy. The Hobbit movies tried and failed badly, but you don't get the sense that they despised the viewer for even being there.

I think, generally, this is an interesting question. I love the Peter Jackson Kong and LotR films. Not a "huge" fan of The Hobbit films but I still appreciate and enjoy them. I feel that the un-needed additions to the hobbit movies are less obnoxious than the discontinuity in the Star Wars sequels. And if you disagree, you are free to your wrong opinion.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2023-07-07, 9:06 AM #42
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
The prequels are better than the sequels, because the prequels are campy enough to be memeable. Also, there was at least an attempt to be creative with the world building.

The real question is whether the sequels are worse than the Hobbit movies.

Both are stupid, but the sequels at least had some fan service jokes that sorta landed the first go through. On the other hand, the sequels felt very, very lazy. The Hobbit movies tried and failed badly, but you don't get the sense that they despised the viewer for even being there.

I thought Po's "your mom" joke was pretty good the first time i saw TLJ
former entrepreneur
2023-07-07, 9:07 AM #43
fact check: i thought it was terrible and off-putting and immediately made me dislike the movie
former entrepreneur
2023-07-08, 11:56 AM #44
Originally posted by Eversor:
I thought Po's "your mom" joke was pretty good the first time i saw TLJ

First time? Once wasn't enough?

I confess, though, I did watch The Rise of Rey twice but that's mostly because I thought some of the things I thought I saw in the movie were a result of heavy drinking but, no, it was all actually in the movie.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2023-07-08, 9:06 PM #45
it's the dumbest movie ever
former entrepreneur
2023-07-13, 5:38 AM #46
Say what you will about Lucasfilm, but if they hadn't ****ed up the initial production of Rogue One, then they wouldn't have brought Tony Gilroy in to fix it. It's possible they wouldn't have taken his Andor pitch seriously.

Just goes to show that if you throw major Hollywood money at enough projects, one of them might turn out good.
2023-07-13, 9:53 AM #47
I got the impression that they came to him
former entrepreneur
2023-07-13, 9:54 AM #48
but i'm inferring that from an interview i watched on entertainment news like a year ago so maybe i don't know ****ing ****
former entrepreneur
2023-07-14, 4:05 AM #49
1 ESB
2 ROTJ
3 Rogue 1
4 A new hope
5 ROTS
6 Solo
7 TFW
8 AOTC
9 TPM
10 TROS