Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anything Toys
Anything Toys
2023-07-23, 12:00 AM #1
It's almost 2 AM here and I'll head to bed soon so no pictures right now.

So many toys over the years! Owned and wanted to own.

Other than the many Star Wars, GI Joe, and Transformers I didn't own over the years there're many others I would have liked to own. I might post many of all of those later.

Today I ordered re-released versions of the original Star Wars bounty hunters. I had four of them but not the 4lom and zuckas figures.

I also recently picked up a Godzilla and Rodan miniature version of the Shogun Warriors toys from the late 70s early 80s. I had both of them as a kid and they are ridiculously expensive today.

What would be holy grail toys for you? Some of the toys I really wanted were the GI Joe Killer Whale and the Coleco Vision/Adam. Among many others of course, lol.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2023-07-23, 7:21 AM #2
ghostbusters
former entrepreneur
2023-07-23, 8:27 AM #3
As a kid I really wanted the shuttle from Star Trek The Next Generation.
[https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/91pVd-Z2VLL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg]
I once had a vivid dream where I got it for Christmas, played with it the entire day, then put it at the foot of my bed and went to sleep. When I woke up I expected it to be at the foot of my bed and was severely disappointed when I realized it was all just a dream.

Since then I've had opportunities to buy it, but I've lost interest in collecting things and actually sold the majority of my old toys this year. The only action figures I kept were Dr. Grant and Dr. Sattler from Jurassic Park, and Raziel from Soul Reaver. I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Legos.
My blawgh.
2023-07-23, 10:38 AM #4
I have some lego sets people have bought me as presents, and a bunch of legos in storage that are probably being degraded by the heat and will be almost ruined if i ever pull them out.

i think i have some old toys from when i was a kid somewhere, but mostly the legos are what i remember fondly

i also have a solid collection of old video games that i'll probably keep forever
2023-07-24, 4:29 AM #5
I still buy LEGO. Over 100 sets, mostly Star Wars, something like 40,000 pieces. Only a few stay built since there's no way to display them all. Wife's into it too, so I don't get in trouble :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2023-07-24, 8:08 PM #6
So the current big mama Millennium Falcon Lego set was under $700 a couple months or so back. I thought about picking up a couple but didn't. The big '89 Batmobile set was marked down to $200 when the discontinued it but I missed it. That one I regret a little. I can live without the Falcon. For now.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2023-07-25, 4:16 AM #7
The Falcon lives on the coffee table in my living room :D
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2023-07-27, 8:01 PM #8
Well I got my bounty hunters today and also a picture of the Godzilla, Rodan, and a Vader I picked up.

Again, I owned those two monsters and they are stupid expensive today. These trinkets calm any urge I might have to have them today. lol

2023-07-28, 5:53 AM #9
Will they live their boxes or will you be decorating them?
My blawgh.
2023-07-29, 1:31 PM #10
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
Will the live their boxes or will you be decorating them?

That's a good question. I tend to keep many things in boxes and keep boxes for many things. I don't expect any of these to be particularly valuable. My son is to be too interested in opening this stuff but when the kids move closer I expect to see the grandchildren much more often so I expect many nonvaluable things to be opened.

To the extent that I collect things now most of it is Trans Am themed with an emphasis on Knight Rider and Smokey and the Bandit. Star Wars with most of it being Vader. Occasional Chewbacca items. Star Trek, F-14 Tomcats, things that are nostalgic to me...

Oh, a fair amount of Wolverine stuff. When the X-Men figures came out in the early 90s around the time of the animated series I managed to snag two Wolverines and a K-mart grand opening. Up to that point I had been unable to find them but I figured they would have been building up stock for that store for awhile and it paid off.

↑ Up to the top!