Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If you could travel back in time, when would you travel to?
If you could travel back in time, when would you travel to?
2023-07-31, 9:29 PM #1
I think i'd travel to Philadelphia 1776 to see the drafting of the declaration of independence, but I'd be really careful not to accidentally do anything that might interfere with the space-time continuum, for fear of accidentally doing anything to interfere with the United States becoming such a great country.

What about you?
former entrepreneur
2023-08-01, 5:01 AM #2
would probably have them send me back to last Thursday night so I could pay my phone bill on time
2023-08-01, 8:27 AM #3
Oh yeah I've paid some bills late. I think I'd try to use the miracle of time travel than to save a buck o' five tho
former entrepreneur
2023-08-01, 9:48 AM #4
I'd choose to travel back to some period in time that's not so well documented, so I could record lots of video and take lots of notes and interviews to bring back.

It'd be interesting to visit Rome circa 280-300, the Mediterranean region circa 550, or to Rapa Nui prior to colonization to try and preserve Rongo Rongo and the culture there, or to save Mayan texts burned by Spanish Catholics, or to take photos of the Singapore Stone before the British blew it up.

I'd basically be trying to save and preserve as much of human culture as I could. I'd have to prepare alot to do it though.
2023-08-01, 12:31 PM #5
I'd travel back to when I'm writing this post right now, so that--

Hold on a minute, someone is knocking at my door...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2023-08-01, 4:04 PM #6
Well, hopefully this doesn't spark ridicule, but I'd like to go back to ancient Egypt and see who built the pyramids and how they were constructed. Academia makes a lot of unfounded and ridiculous assertions (the Egyptians used copper saws to cut granite, etc.) Some archeologists have proposed that the Egyptians used water powered rotary saws to cut their stone which I'm more inclined to believe, but I wanna know!

The other era would be pre-Colombian North America. Between 1492 and 1607 90% of the native population was wiped out, an estimated 55 million people. Some sources claim that the majority of deaths happened rapidly after first contact and by the time the Pilgrims arrived the tribes they encountered were living a post-apocalyptic existence.

Archeologically we don't know much about life there prior to colonialism, so I'd like to go and check it out.

Last but not least, I'd like to bring all of the Star Wars Prequels and Sequels on DVD with a player to George Lucas around 1995 and walk him through some of the largest disappointments in the 21st century. Screw the butterfly effect.
My blawgh.
2023-08-01, 4:15 PM #7
Originally posted by Eversor:
Oh yeah I've paid some bills late. I think I'd try to use the miracle of time travel than to save a buck o' five tho

Well, frankly, I don't know what to say, except that everything you know is wrong. :-/

↑ Up to the top!