Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Last post again (for real this time)
Last post again (for real this time)
2024-01-11, 12:04 AM #1
This post is in reference to this thread: https://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?68262-Last-Post

Specifically, please read the first two posts, I don't want to repeat them here. These forums are going to be archived to plain HTML and will be closed to new posts, registrations, etc. I am giving 1 month notice, I plan to do it on February 10, 2024.

Update 2023-01-13: Here's an updated dump with a bunch of bug fixes and paging: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ea7evzsu8rybn9q6989dm/massassi-forums-2024-01-13.zip?rlkey=uyzq10gcs4ks68jwmi1gcc3x3&dl=0

If the link doesn't work, drop in the discord and look for a new one, or wait a while. The archive currently has some warts that I'm going through but no show-stoppers. Things being archived:

• all the public messages on all the public forums
  • attachments
  • user titles+post counts
  • public usernames (not profile pages, not friends or private messages or email addresses or anything else)

There will be an online archive as long as I can keep it up (at forums.massassi.net, replacing the current content), but I will also make the final export available for download as well, in case anyone wants a local copy or even an online backup.

There just isn't enough activity here to justify the cost, effort, and risk of keeping them open as-is, and I don't have any motivation to try to upgrade them and keep them open. I do appreciate that there was a flurry of activity after my first announcement, but it's pretty clear that there isn't a strong demand for active forums on this site. Which is fine!
2024-01-11, 1:13 AM #2
RIP Massassi Forums - and once again major thanks to Brian, Cool Matty and others for 25+ years of upkeep.

As an inappropriate gesture/for archival purposes, since I had CM remove the original TODOA download in summer 2013 (long story), and archive.org doesn't seem to have that page backed up, here are screenshots of the original page at some point in 2013 before my removal request:

Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2024-01-11, 7:07 PM #3
ok fine
former entrepreneur
2024-01-12, 7:15 AM #4
I have like 5 or 6 unreleased JK MP levels. If I release them can we keep the forums open longer? :P
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2024-01-12, 9:27 AM #5
That sounds like a trap to keep them open forever :P
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2024-01-13, 2:53 PM #6
I will also thank everyone who has made the Massassi community via the forums possible throughout these years.

On another note, I never did get to really making a Jedi Knight level, which was the whole reason I signed up in the first place back in 1999, hah!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2024-01-15, 4:40 AM #7
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I have like 5 or 6 unreleased JK MP levels. If I release them can we keep the forums open longer? :P

Any chances of releasing. Would be a fitting tribute 😉
2024-01-15, 1:14 PM #8
In before the forums close.
? :)
2024-01-15, 6:16 PM #9
i vote the website just turns into dflt.mat
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2024-01-15, 7:15 PM #10
Rarely post, forever lurker as long as the forums exist. I have a major soft-spot for this forum and Massassi as a whole. Too many hours spent mapping and modding JK as a teen to take this lightly. Thanks to all!
2024-01-15, 9:14 PM #11
Originally posted by rezer:
Any chances of releasing. Would be a fitting tribute ��

Sure, I have a few versions of a few of them so I need to make sure I grab the most recent ones. And probably take screenshots and such.
Author of the JK levels:

2024-01-16, 4:03 PM #12
When JK and MoTS get their inevitable remaster I'll see you guys in Lair of Lando Fett
2024-01-16, 6:06 PM #13
Awesome. Cant wait to try them out :-).
2024-01-16, 9:43 PM #14
Originally posted by Couchman:
When JK and MoTS get their inevitable remaster I'll see you guys in Lair of Lando Fett

One of my absolute favorite levels. I remember playing this with Manowar 3 all the time.
Author of the JK levels:

2024-01-16, 9:45 PM #15
Originally posted by rezer:
Awesome. Cant wait to try them out :-).

I'm off work next week so I'll get them ready for submission. Maybe we can have an honorary end of Massassi JK party and try them out!
Author of the JK levels:

2024-01-17, 1:12 AM #16
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
I'm off work next week so I'll get them ready for submission. Maybe we can have an honorary end of Massassi JK party and try them out!

Sounds like a plan. I have been meaning to play mp online for sometime... but work, family, life, laziness etc. get in the way. Would be a fitting end :-).

↑ Up to the top!