Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bush's State of the Union Address
Bush's State of the Union Address
2004-01-21, 8:57 AM #41
Did you think that one up all by yourself? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-21, 9:07 AM #42
No starwars.com helped a bit.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Burrie|WatchingFromTheShadows holds up a skeleton's head. "= or !=. That is the statement."</font>
2004-01-21, 9:42 AM #43
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I don't put much stock in these speeches as they're largely meaningless.</font>

I wouldnt say theyre meaningless, it gives the ENTIRE nation the chance to hear him at once. The State of the Union has been around since the beginning...
I do, however, agree with the fact that sometimes claims arent/wont come true such as the first Bush's claim to lower taxes but actually raising them and Clintons claims about Monical Lewinskey.

But I respect current Pres. Bush and I like him. You may not but I dont really care and that's the beauty of Democracy!!

[This message has been edited by F-Body (edited January 21, 2004).]
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-01-21, 11:13 AM #44
I think Bush is a decent guy. I don't agree with some things he does or how he does them, but that certainly doesn't make him evil.

------------------
I am the god of dating! You will respect my authoritah!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-01-21, 11:27 AM #45
Eh? Bush raised taxes?
I'm pretty sure he made a whole bunch of tax cuts quite a while back.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-01-21, 11:35 AM #46
He was talking about Bush Senior.

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-01-21, 11:53 AM #47
There is no reason that LEAGLLY a man and a man can not have the same legal status as a man and a woman. If your going to give tax brakes, programs, and proclame that marrage is sanctified[last line of that paragraph], and then turn around and say that because your sex is the same you can not be included in this group.

Marage is so fundamental and enduring in our civilization that 50% of them fail... hiprocrit.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-01-21, 11:54 AM #48
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wuss:
All right, the first time you told us to leave and go to Canada, I bit my tongue and said nothing.

I have better solution than "moving to Canada." How about we vote against Bush? Isn't that the whole purpose of our political system? To vote for candidates with views we agree with and thus vote against candidates we don't agree with?

Telling us to go away is not the answer.
</font>

Yeah, I always find the "if you don't like it leave" approach when it comes to people disagreeing with government policy amusing...I think some people just forget that whole democratic free speech thing. Why the hell should anyone have to leave?

I'm sure they themselves at one time or another have found themselves in disagreement with some other administration's policies. Yet they are still there too, huh, strange world.

------------------
Cantina Cloud | BCF | The Massassian 1 & 2 | Gonkmeg
Corrupting the kiddies since '97
2004-01-21, 12:28 PM #49
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oSiRiS:
How can you even make a comment like that?

Weren't you the one who was just complaining about ignorance of history?

</font>

Its hardly ignorant to say that gay people of this country are being treated almost like black people were treated in the past. Exageration? Maybe, but certainly not ignorant.

------------------
To myself I surrender to the one I'll never please.
But I still try to run on.
You know I still try to run on. But it's all or none.

Eddie Vedder
former entrepreneur
2004-01-21, 12:29 PM #50
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">t's a gross subject, the scientific side of homosexuality, and I'd prolly be punished for talking about it here, so I won't. Gay people are MUCH more likely to have and spread HIV. There. I mean, there is NOTHING natural about it. Even if you don't have a religion to tell you it's wrong, you can still be instictive like an animal, they aren't gay! Well, maybe there's like three species that are, but most of them aren't.

It was a 10 year old, and I thought it was neat, even though it was political.

Well, I don't know about anybody else, but I'm pakcing up my claws and ignoring this thread. Thanks for bringing it up though Freelancer. It was interesting.</font>

Translation: I don't know what the **** I'm talking about, so I'll pretend like I'm being persecuted and leave.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-01-21, 12:31 PM #51
It was so weird, they got up and clapped when he said the 'terrorism will not expire' bit...?

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2004-01-21, 12:40 PM #52
I think it best describes from a conversation I had with a friend:

Friend: "Should I watch this Chinese drama or the state of the union address?"
Me: "Chinese Drama. Difference? In the drama you can make up what they're saying because you don't know the language. In the union address, they make up everything before you so it takes all the fun out of it."

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-01-21, 1:00 PM #53
Wait, wait, wait, MechWarrior. You're confusing me here. I could have sworn that was Lieberman. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

I think this whole "pro-marriage" bill is a ridiculous waste of money. All it does is piss off people who are pro-same-sex marriage, and piss off people like myself, who would rather it go to something more productive, like, say, education or welfare.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-21, 1:10 PM #54
i am surpirsed no-one has commented on the line "terrorist will continue to [attack] america and the civilised world.

the way he said it made it seem like he ment America is not a part of the civilised world.

------------------
your curiosity will get the better of YOU one day.
Jon`C:Irony is spelling 'quality' poorly.
Spork:Well I think 'Irony is spelling grammar poorly'
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)-@%
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2004-01-21, 1:37 PM #55
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:

the way he said it made it seem like he ment America is not a part of the civilised world.

</font>

well, it's not so...

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE PLEASE READ

Employees dying on the job are faling to fall down. THIS PRACTICE MUST STOP as it becmes impossible to distinguish between death and the natural movement of he staf.

Any employee found dead in an upright position will be dropped from the payroll.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-01-21, 1:40 PM #56
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by: Bush
Drug use in high school has declined by 11% over the past two years. Four hundred thousand fewer young people are using illegal drugs than in the year 2001.
</font>

Does anyone have any evidence supporting this? My experiences in high school, and things I've read don't say that..

Mech- Lovin' it.. lovin' it.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-01-21, 2:10 PM #57
I loved the part where the camera zoomed out a bit and Cheney had his finger up his nose. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-01-21, 2:23 PM #58
I loved the part where they zoomed up to Ted Kennedy like 6 times and he was always shaking his head and mumbling

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-21, 2:45 PM #59
The only thing I can possibly conjure up, happydud, is that the amount of people caught using drugs has declined by eleven percent, unless some morons took a survey and said, "Yes, I take drugs."

The decline in people caught can either be attributed to better evasion tactics or an actual decline in use.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it || The Link of the Dead
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-01-21, 2:46 PM #60
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by alpha1:
i am surpirsed no-one has commented on the line "terrorist will continue to [attack] america and the civilised world.

</font>

Hahahahahaha...You got him..lol.
2004-01-21, 3:02 PM #61
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
The only thing I can possibly conjure up, happydud, is that the amount of people caught using drugs has declined by eleven percent, unless some morons took a survey and said, "Yes, I take drugs."

The decline in people caught can either be attributed to better evasion tactics or an actual decline in use.

</font>

That's what I was thinking. I mean, how accurate can the numbers really be?

I also, in response to his drug awareness and his abstinence policy, I think that if, at this point, kids still aren't getting the message (11% more did, according to false numbers!), I don't think that throwing money at the problem is going to do any good. You can double, triple, quadruple the amount of money you throw at people to say "Don't have sex. Abstinence is good," but if a kid hears it as much as he does today, you can tell him twice as many times and it isn't going to change his ideas.. Instead of doubling his budget in this area, I think something needs to be done with parents or teachers of younger kids. By the time their in high school, you can throw all the money you want at the teachers, and they're not going to be able to pursuade the kids one way or another. (In general)

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-01-21, 3:56 PM #62
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:

</font>

They actually have surveys at my school that ask "Do you take marijuana?" (or sometimes in an attempt to be 'hep' and 'with it' "Do you toke on the wacky tobbacky?'?

"If yes, how often".

The number of people who say 'yes' is disturbing.

------------------
"Your entire base belongs to us."

"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Your entire base belongs to us."
"It would be highly appreciated if someone would set the bomb up for us"
"Launch all of our ships, christened 'Zigs', to insure that justice will be achieved swiftly and powerfully."
2004-01-21, 4:15 PM #63
If the US would just legalize marijuana, it would all be fine. But no..........

------------------
Come on, shake the Nub,..... you know you want to.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2004-01-21, 4:25 PM #64
If the US would just legalise murder, i'd so do my bit to make the world a better place [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]

------------------
[Blue Mink Bifocals !] [fsck -Rf /world/usr/] [<!-- kalimonster -->] [Capite Terram]
Applecore scowled. "What does that mean, 'real'? Amn't I real, you? If you cut me, do I not bleed? If you piss me off, will I not kick you up the arse?" -War of the Flowers
NPC.Interact::PressButton($'Submit');
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-01-21, 4:55 PM #65
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaiph:
Yeah, I always find the "if you don't like it leave" approach when it comes to people disagreeing with government policy amusing...I think some people just forget that whole democratic free speech thing. Why the hell should anyone have to leave?
</font>

I think the "if you don't like it leave" answer is to the bonehead statement of "If so-and-so is elected, I'm moving to Canada". At least, that's the way it is for me.

------------------
I am the god of dating! You will respect my authoritah!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-01-21, 7:05 PM #66
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">the scientific side of homosexuality, and I'd prolly be punished for talking about it here, so I won't. Gay people are MUCH more likely to have and spread HIV.</font>

Firstly I'd like to point out, that's not a quote from a medical report like I requested.

Secondly, as anybody that is a little less ignorant would know: HIV and AIDs are a disease. It doesn't discriminate it infects men, women, children, straight, gay, black, white and ANYBODY. Infact there is a feline varient of HIV, now if animals aren't gay, and clear AIDs is a gay disease (*rolls eyes*) how is it spread there...

I'd also like to point out that the fastest growing demographic for HIV infection is straight females.

------------------
--Hinch
Terry Hinch's Web Comic
All opinions expressed by Hinch are the explicit views of Hinch, and only Hinch and his 7 other personalities. In the event that said personalities are in dispute, the majority shall prevail. All opinions are held in perpetuity of the present, past, and future throughout this universe, mirror universes, and all multi-verses, including alternate time lines.
In Pride,
--Hinch
I had a disclaimer here, but the man said it was too long.
2004-01-21, 9:20 PM #67
And HIV came from monkeys. You're not calling monkeys gay, are you?!

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-01-21, 9:32 PM #68
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Well, it got a standing ovation.. This country just isn't ready for gay marriages. Like I said earlier, if you don't like it, move to Canada (or in your case, don't come to America if you're planning to marry a guy)</font>

Was the country ready to abolish slavery in the 1860s? It surely screwed the South's economy far worse than any effect gay marriages would have. I'm sure there were plenty of people against women voting in the 20s, or blacks voting (despite being allowed) up into the 60s.

The First amendment isn't designed to protect popular speech, it's to protect speech that the majority of the people "aren't ready for" or that they disagree with. Sometimes the government has to do something right that much of the population isn't willing to accept; a black guy voting or two men marrying or whatever situation we have in the future.

↑ Up to the top!