Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Need computer help urgently
Need computer help urgently
2004-01-22, 1:45 PM #1
I just built a new computer, but when I try to boot with WinNT and in Mandrake Linux it goes through the whole boot process up to were it would normaly load the OS. However at that point it just displays a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top. I have double and triple checked everything on the hardware end, everything is plugged in where it is supposed to be, I have even tried booting Mandrake off of a floppy still nothing.

Help much aprecciated.
-Apophis

P.S. Yes i did everything obvious, like installing a boot loader for mandrake etc... if all you have to say is "this may seem obvious but..." please dont bother posting.

P.P.S. You have heard it ounce, your gonna here it again. I coud have posted this in the tech forum but I actually want a response, and I need it fairly quickly.

------------------
AGONetwork
Bobbert006:The other day my dad said, "I think the world has passed me by."
I told him he isn't missing anything.

AGONetwork
2004-01-22, 2:47 PM #2
So...it posts...but doesn't boot OS? Sounds like HDD Problems to me.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-22, 3:08 PM #3
But it recognizes the HDDs, at least it partitions them fine... will replacing the hard drives be likely to fix the problem ?

------------------
AGONetwork
Bobbert006:The other day my dad said, "I think the world has passed me by."
I told him he isn't missing anything.

AGONetwork

↑ Up to the top!