Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → First time through CoD ***SPOILERS***
First time through CoD ***SPOILERS***
2004-01-21, 11:39 AM #1
Got a new comp, played through Call of Duty, and Oh, My, God. I almost cried at the retaking of Red Square, and at the parts in the Russian campaigns mostly. About to go grab the Band of Brothers mod. Also, anyone notice that the HL2 beta I think got leaked? I've seen it at a few *cough* sites. No idea if it's legit though.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-21, 11:45 AM #2
Yes, Call of Duty is an amazingly immersive and fun game. I too, almost cried... well not really, but it's the same emotion... at the retaking of red square...

The music swells, your comrades yell as they dash out of cover, people are getting cut down around you... it's really moving. It reminded me so much of the ending of The Last Samurai.

Great game all around.

------------------
saberopus
oh yeh wlel i jsut gots finesht wiht my morrwoind mod for teh JO An it takes up teh 900 gigabiets of spaec but i wlil not sowh yuo gyz teh scrnshoots becasue we dunat kare wut u gyz tihnk ne1 no wear i kan get ti hostad 4 dounlowd!!!!11!111 --Checksum
2004-01-21, 11:47 AM #3
Great game, but it was too damn short.

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-01-21, 11:47 AM #4
I loved it

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-21, 11:55 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Also, anyone notice that the HL2 beta I think got leaked? I've seen it at a few *cough* sites. No idea if it's legit though.
</font>

According to Maximum PC, "Valve announced on Oct. 2 that it's office network has been compromised, and that a large amount of of Valve intellectual property has been stolen, including significant portions of the Half Life 2 source code."

The article goes on to say, "MaxPC discovers that chunks of the Half Life 2 source code have been assimilated into the Matrix and are responsible for Agent Smith's abrupt personality change."

------------------
Young men make wars, and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of old men are the vices of peace: mistrust and caution. It must be so.
-Laurence of Arabia
Yen is but one part of a larger problem in japan's bumbling attempts to pull out of a seemingly endless stagnation -Googlism
2004-01-21, 12:07 PM #6
Heheh, indeed. Except I'm talking about a FULL beta, not just a bunch of source. Could just be me, but of course, I haven't checked it out. To do so would be ILLEGAL!

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-01-21, 2:32 PM #7
Yeah, call of duty is amazing, multiplayer is pretty good too

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-21, 2:46 PM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Yeah, call of duty is amazing, multiplayer is pretty good too</font>

MP can be good, just usually it's ruined by wankers who bunny-hop like they're Easter Bunny on steroids.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-01-21, 3:02 PM #9
BOING BOING BOING.

Yeah, I don't really know if I want to play it. I'm sick of WWII games, and the demo bored me to death.

------------------
-------@%

The Matrix: Unplugged

I'm a C4D b****!
2004-01-21, 3:04 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
MP can be good, just usually it's ruined by wankers who bunny-hop like they're Easter Bunny on steroids.

</font>

As long as its built from a Q3 engine, bunny-hop will be there somehow. JA, Q3, and other fast-paced non-realistic games would not have necessity in blocking it. Games like CoD, on the other hand, are going to need some programming modification. Enemy Territory (ET) has some sort of inhibition of the bunny-hop. When you jump increasing altitude and changing latitude-longitude position (too complicated wording . . . I can't think of a better way to say it), the player will jump to the maximum height possible factoring speed and power and then abruptly stop at that apex. It is retarded and abnormal, but it is somewhat effective.

------------------
Multiplayer Game Alias: II88BlackOps
JA is awesome!
Corrupted Paths, my WIP for JA. Screens here: http://imagebase.freewebspace.com/photo.html

My quote: "People choose to side with the left, and the others choose to side with the right. I go forward."
2004-01-21, 6:33 PM #11
IW says their fixing the bunny hopping thing in the patch that'll be out with Duke Nukem forever.

CoD is great but the tools suck. just plain insulting.

------------------
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
Immorality- 1 Cor. 6:18, 2 Tim. 2:22
Impure thoughts- Col. 3:2, Phil. 4:8
Alcohol- Eph. 5:18, Prov. 20:1
Anger- Gal. 5:22, Prov. 20:3
Pride- 1 Peter 5:5, Dan. 4:37
Worry- 1 Peter 5:7, Phil. 4:6-7
speech- James 1:26, Eph. 4:29-5:2
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2004-01-22, 1:50 AM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
As long as its built from a Q3 engine, bunny-hop will be there somehow. JA, Q3, and other fast-paced non-realistic games would not have necessity in blocking it. Games like CoD, on the other hand, are going to need some programming modification. Enemy Territory (ET) has some sort of inhibition of the bunny-hop. When you jump increasing altitude and changing latitude-longitude position (too complicated wording . . . I can't think of a better way to say it), the player will jump to the maximum height possible factoring speed and power and then abruptly stop at that apex. It is retarded and abnormal, but it is somewhat effective.</font>

Jumping should just really screw up your accuracy, like insanely so, that would fix it. Imagine trying to shoot someone while tuck-jumping constantly, it'd be rather difficult.

I read somewhere there's a UT mod where you have a certain amount of stamina, and so can only sprint or jump so much. Sounds like a good idea.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-01-22, 1:52 AM #13
I was playing CoD MP the other day with some asshat who had aimbot and godmode on. He was shooting up into the air (this was a fairly level and open level) and wiping out the ENTIRE other team in a few seconds. REALLY made me made.

Name was Dues or Deus if you see him.

------------------
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-01-22, 2:28 AM #14
In day of defeat there is a stamina system so you cant keep jumping. Also, you cant fire while in mid-air, which prohibits jump-shooting.

------------------
-------------@%

DSettahr's Homepage
2004-01-22, 6:28 AM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JDKNITE188:
As long as its built from a Q3 engine, bunny-hop will be there somehow.</font>

It's not the same bunny hopping. You can't bunny hop to gain speed, people just do it to dodge sniper fire. The best way to limit it would be a stamina meter like RtCW/ET, except more aggressive. The more you do it, the longer and longer it'll take to recharge. And don't gimme any BS about realism, 'cause if you try jumping over and over you're going to find it just gets harder and harder, and waiting 30 seconds isn't going to do much for your muscles.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-01-22, 9:20 AM #16
Just read that the new patch for Call of Duty is close to being released, and it is supposed to fix the "bunny hopping" issue.

------------------
Official Staff of Massassi Temple:
-Chat Op
-Level Poster
-Forum Admin
-Level Comments Admin
-EC Admin

Moral to the Story: Don't Mess
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-01-22, 12:02 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
In day of defeat there is a stamina system so you cant keep jumping. Also, you cant fire while in mid-air, which prohibits jump-shooting.

</font>

DoD rules!!!

Good FF servers are hard to come by but when you find one, the teamwork involved is AMAZING!!!

Does CoD have voice-comm coming anytime soon btw?
2004-01-22, 12:03 PM #18
No, but most clan servers have a teamspeak server set up

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-22, 3:53 PM #19
I love CoD multiplayer. I like the retrieval missions the most. If anyone sees someone named Gerhart, that would be me [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
I am the god of dating! You will respect my authoritah!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill
Democracy: rule by the stupid

↑ Up to the top!