Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Radeon 8500LE Driver Problem.
Radeon 8500LE Driver Problem.
2004-01-22, 4:34 AM #1
This is a copy of a thread I posted on Overclockers.

[qoute]ASUS A7A266 motherboard
AMD Athlon 1.4ghz (unlocked)
384MB PC-2100 DDR RAM
10gb 7,200rpm HDD
ATI/Sapphire Radeon 8500LE 128mb
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live
16x DVD-ROM (samsung?)
24x/12x/32x CD-RW (Philips)
plain floppy drive
400watt power supply
3com 10/100 ethernet card

Now, I just got this machine from a friend of mine. its custom made. The problem is that after installing windows XP when I install the radeon driver on the disc once I reboot, after XP loads my screen goes black and the powerlight LED blinks on and off.

The only way to fix this so far is by uninstalling the driver in safe mode, then it works fine. its a SAMTRON 17" 76DF moniter.

The first time this happened, I had installed a bunch of drivers at one time. (forgive me. I'm a n00b. :P ) Friend recommeneded I format and reinstall XP and try installing the display adapter.

It STILL won't work.
This is my first PC, its really good. all I want to do right now is play Jedi outcast. blargh.

Please help!

Thanks.

[EDIT: Driver version is 10-009, my friend says it worked for him.][/qoute]

Can anyone here help?

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2004-01-22, 4:56 AM #2
They are not the latest ones?

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore
2004-01-22, 5:25 AM #3
You said you installed the drivers directly from the cd that came with the video card. Try downloading drivers online, newer ones.

------------------
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
2004-01-22, 6:59 AM #4
http://ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=xp&prodType=graphic&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=12&submit.y=8

those should be the newest drivers. hope that helps.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-01-22, 8:36 PM #5
This really isn't any help, but Sapphire cards are notoriously low quality. I feel your pain. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-01-22, 9:29 PM #6
Do you have any other kind of display adapters installed (for other cards or pre-loaded)? If you do, get rid of them.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!