Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Does anyone play Final Fantasy XI?
Does anyone play Final Fantasy XI?
2004-01-23, 8:42 AM #1
Yeah, so Im really... really bored of star wars: Galaxies, so Im cancelling my account today and picking up the game based on a friend's recomendation. I was just wondering if anyone else here plays, and what you think of it

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-23, 8:46 AM #2
Sorry. FFXI sucks. Go buy a REAL MMORPG like Dark age of Camelot. In FFXI they put you on a random server..so you can't play with friends UNLESS! you get a pass. which you pay for..and by then you are like lvl 30. So you use the pass and get to your friends world..you are now back at lvl 1! Gameplay sucks, not very good. IF you thought SWG was bad! Seriously DaoC is the best MMORPG out. Pick up Trials Of Atlantis while your at it! (The expansion..) (Get the gold edition it comes with DaoC and Shrouded isles the upgrade you need before ToA!)..or just get plain ol DaoC still very very fun! only like 10, 20 bucks. Still abou 3,000 people per server and there are a good 10 or 15 servers.

------------------
Gondor has no pants.
Gondor needs no pants.
Someone wrote this over one of the urinals: "The joke isn't on the wall; it's in your hand." - BV
2004-01-23, 8:49 AM #3
Yeah i bought and played ffx1 for the first month then got starwars galaxies, swg is way better than ffx1
2004-01-23, 9:16 AM #4
Wait for World of Warcraft. Leave it to Blizzard to get the genre right. Here's hoping.

------------------
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
"She turned me into a newt!"
Pause
"Well I got better..."
2004-01-23, 9:23 AM #5
A friend of mine is paying for a World Pass for me.. and I am waiting for world of warcraft, Im just picking up something to bide my time

------------------
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-23, 1:48 PM #6
FFXI owns. Also, you don't really need a World Pass unless you want to get on a popular server. Just remake your char a bunch of times. It'll keep randomly choosing. You can recreate one in about 30 seconds tops.

Also, World Passes aren't exactly expensive. You can easily afford one after about 5 levels, if you collect and sell the crystals.

And finally, FFXI has one of the best communities I have seen. Very few snobs, and there's always people willing to help. And if you hear the word n00b, anywhere in the game, it's usually as a joke. I highly recommend the game, especially if you like a challenge. The game is hard.

------------------
.hack//SIGN - The World - Just Believe

(Yes, This is Cool Matty)

2004-01-23, 3:23 PM #7
I just ordered it from Amazon, should be here on Wednesday. Three of my friends already have it and they already bought a World Pass for me, so no worries there. I'll probably end up being a TaruTaru Black Mage with white mage as a sub-class, because I always play a fighter-type character and this time I want to start off as an exclusively magic user.

Speaking of cancelling SWGalaxies accounts, is there a way to do it online without the launcher console thing? I uninstalled it and I can't remember whether or not I cancelled my account, and I don't really want to install it again to find out.

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

[This message has been edited by CygnusX (edited January 23, 2004).]
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-01-23, 4:16 PM #8
Yeah, you have to do it from the launchpad, I think, Im not positive though

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-23, 4:23 PM #9
Just depends what your into, I personly HATED SWG. Then I got FFXI and I have been playing it scence. SWG is just really plain, every land scape looks the same, missions are the same. just no fun to me really, FFXI has missions quest and 3 differnt storys to go with it. Even the little things makes the game awesome Ex. When waiting for a Star ship in SWG, you just sit there then it come, then you just load to the next planet. FFXi however You wait for a boat or a Airship what everyou want, then you have to wait about 5-10 mins ON the ship/airship to get to the next point. I dont know, I just think small things like that make a game awesome.

I say Buy FFXI
2004-01-23, 6:02 PM #10
...grr.. My mom gave me her master card before she went to bed for me to sign up.. then I find out they dont take master card.. grr

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-23, 6:08 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
...grr.. My mom gave me her master card before she went to bed for me to sign up.. then I find out they dont take master card.. grr

</font>

WTF yes they do. They took mine!

They take VISA/Mastercard.

------------------

2004-01-23, 6:13 PM #12
There is no way in hell that anything anywhere wouldn't take Mastercard

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 6:14 PM #13
When I said mastercard.. I meant discover.. my bad.. Yeah

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-23, 6:15 PM #14
Well, that would make sense [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-01-23, 6:22 PM #15
Yeah.. it wont take her discover.. thats what I meant [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2004-01-23, 6:27 PM #16
Meh, galaxies took it.. this should too.. Now I have to wait for tommorow!!

------------------
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!