Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → The fall of Issalmia
The fall of Issalmia
2000-11-18, 3:10 PM #1
As a city's population grows, its crime grows, and as its crime grows its morale lessens, and as its morale lessens crim becomes commonplace, and when crime becomes commonplace, chaos runs free.

Issalmia was a normal town, it offered everything a soul could need. Shelter, entertainment, goods, and everything else that makes a city a city, but just like every city, Issmalmia had its crime. First it started off as petty things, a loaf of bread stolen, perhaps a toy, but nothing big, but as Issalmia grew, so did the evil.

From petty crimes it went to burglaries, then to grand theft, and finally to murder. The law tried as best they could to shoot down the evils within their town, and succeded in banishing criminals from their city walls. Crime became such commonplace that at first petty crimes became acceptable, and then burglary, and grand theft, and yes... murder even became commonplce.

Issalmia was the center for crime, where druglords ran rampant and assassins shot at will. Soon the law was overwhelmed with crime, and the city of Issalmia became nothing. Today Issmalmia lays in dirt, its walls coverd with the dust of ages, and its streets deserted. Why did this happen? The evil inside people overwhelemed the city to the point where hate was the king, and hate was a powerful leader indeed.

Yes my dear friends, Issalmia is a metaphore for our dear Massassi. These walls in which we prowl have become the hosts for hate. Each and every thread contains flames and verbal hatred. Lest we do something to prevent it, Massassi will one day become Issalmia.

------------------
Those who stare in the eyes of death and laugh will be the first to go.
2000-11-18, 3:20 PM #2
Massassi is like the happy children's playground of the JK community. Watch what happens when I try to do something like swear:
2000-11-18, 3:22 PM #3
Then the authorities nuked the city and everyone died. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

But seriously, I think it's all just a matter that everyone's too tense, that people seem to be tightening up instead of winding down. We come to Massassi to enjoy each other's company, and many of us end up getting our heads bitten off or biting each other's head off.

------------------
Elyas's Domain - Home to a Wolfbrother
Home to AlieNations - story and mod
What is Victoria's secret?
Diesels are eeeeevil
A miracle is a deaf man listening to a blind musician play sheet music
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2000-11-18, 3:22 PM #4
Bah. The exact same thing happened 6 months ago. We'll be fine.

------------------
Juztyn
The Cantina Clouds' Favorite Scapegoat
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2000-11-19, 1:21 AM #5
Oh come on. Stop your doomsaying. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

And if you see a problem, do something about it! E-mail the staff with the URL so we can stop it.

Sheesh.
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2000-11-21, 8:09 AM #6
However, out of the dust of what was once Issalmia, rose Issassam. In this town, all was quiet. The people participated in discussions in the little coffee shop on the corner. People came up with new ideas, and shared them freely. Down in the commercial sector, there were offices where people invented new and wonderful things. Afterwords, they would show them to the other citizins, then give them away freely on the street corner. In another corner of town brilliant minds worked together to find new answers to problems that had plagued mankind from the beginning. With every answer would come happiness, and the new idea would be shared freely. Everyone lived together in complete bliss.

However, trouble soon rose. A few of the citizins of Issassam decided that their ideas and inventions were the only ones that were right. They said as much during the discussions in the coffee shop, or the offices where new inventions were displayed. This made some of the other citizins of Issassam angry. Fights began to break out. There was turmoil. This perfect place of harmony was being undermined by the evil of man. Something had to be done, so the mayor of Issassam, whose name was Nairb, appointed sherrifs and deputies to watch over the city, and remove or fix all instances of inperfection. First there was Sheriff Nytzuj. Each day, he hung out in the coffe shops, making sure that everyone was happy, and beginning discussions that had no relevance to anything, so that people could just relax. Also, there was Sheriff Sedemihcra. He generally roamed the offices, keeping an eye out for any who would unhelpfully critizie an idea. In the Expirimental area of town, some power was given to a man named Deputy C. Ekim. C knew a little bit about a lot of things, and was usually able to help others find solutions to their problems. There were more sherrifs and deputies, but methinks that this story is already too long. Anyway, peace was restored to the town of Issassam, and although it wasn't ever again as humbly perfect as it once was, the twon lived on for years to come.

------------------
Quote:
Did you feel the darkness tremble?
When all the saints joined on one song
And all the streams flowed as one river
And washed away our brokenness

Sarn's Space
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2000-11-21, 11:10 AM #7
Hey, you guys hear that the sky is falling? Some crazy chicken just told me so.
2000-11-21, 11:33 AM #8
However, out of the dust of what was once Issalmia, rose Issassam. In this town, all was quiet. The people participated in discussions in the little coffee shop on the corner. People came up with new ideas, and shared them freely. Down in the commercial sector, there were offices where people invented new and wonderful things. Afterwords, they would show them to the other citizins, then give them away freely on the street corner. In another corner of town brilliant minds worked together to find new answers to problems that had plagued mankind from the beginning. With every answer would come happiness, and the new idea would be shared freely. Everyone lived together in complete bliss.
However, trouble soon rose. A few of the citizins of Issassam decided that their ideas and inventions were the only ones that were right. They said as much during the discussions in the coffee shop, or the offices where new inventions were displayed. This made some of the other citizins of Issassam angry. Fights began to break out. There was turmoil. This perfect place of harmony was being undermined by the evil of man. Something had to be done, so the mayor of Issassam, whose name was Nairb, appointed sherrifs and deputies to watch over the city, and remove or fix all instances of inperfection. First there was Sheriff Nytzuj. Each day, he hung out in the coffe shops, making sure that everyone was happy, and beginning discussions that had no relevance to anything, so that people could just relax. Also, there was Sheriff Sedemihcra. He generally roamed the offices, keeping an eye out for any who would unhelpfully critizie an idea. In the Expirimental area of town, some power was given to a man named Deputy C. Ekim. C knew a little bit about a lot of things, and was usually able to help others find solutions to their problems. There were more sherrifs and deputies, but methinks that this story is already too long. Anyway, peace was restored to the town of Issassam, and although it wasn't ever again as humbly perfect as it once was, the twon lived on for years to come.
I don't care about your name, Red. I don't want to know your name. If you survive your first three or so battles, then maybe I'll learn your name. Not before. I used to learn the names, but it was a goddamned waste of time. Soon as I'd get to know a puke, he'd up and die on me. These days I don't bother.

-Horkin, Master-at-Wizardy
2000-11-21, 12:33 PM #9
Platypus - that was a really good parody of Cadrill's story!
Wow!
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
MajiK6pt5 - I like round squishy things.
2000-11-21, 3:15 PM #10
Stress: Arn't you slug?

------------------
2000-11-21, 4:04 PM #11
And then I came..
2000-11-21, 4:29 PM #12
Well, i am good at making parodys.
I don't care about your name, Red. I don't want to know your name. If you survive your first three or so battles, then maybe I'll learn your name. Not before. I used to learn the names, but it was a goddamned waste of time. Soon as I'd get to know a puke, he'd up and die on me. These days I don't bother.

-Horkin, Master-at-Wizardy
2000-11-28, 8:20 AM #13
/me screams, "copyright fraud!!"
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.

↑ Up to the top!