Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → The Legend of The Rare Purple Venetian Taco
The Legend of The Rare Purple Venetian Taco
2002-11-14, 8:26 AM #1
I figured this one needed its due share of attention. Someone else start the story.

------------------
--Ringbearer
Your source for anything, everything, and all under Eru to do with Tolkien
"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All that is left for us to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf, The Fellowship of the Ring
Visit the Tea Club Barrow Stores 2 in the Discussion Forum, open 24/7/364.34256!
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> By the way, sentences are your friends.- MikeC </font>
This space intentionally left blank.
2003-01-22, 8:00 AM #2
Okay. Fine. I'll start. (legal poo: i apologize for stealing characters from every story i've ever read. the characters belong to their respective owners. I have no legal right to use them, but so what.)

---

Arthur Dent woke up in his bed. He had a horrible hangover. He could barely see the poster of Arwen hanging over his head on the ceiling. The entire room swam, and suddenly a bright light appeared in the room. Standing before Arthur was a tall, dark skinned man wearing a white robe. He began to speak. "Your path lies at a moment of chanhe. Jerec, the man who murdered your father..." Arthur mumbled quitley, and rolled over to the edge of his bed to retch. The man stopped speaking, and quinted his eyes. "what the... Who the heck are you? Ah, darn force static... knocks all my transmissions out of sync..." He continued speaking like this as he slowly faded, leaving Arthur alone. Arthur looked slowly around the room, which was performing wondrous acrobatic feats. He had just rolled over to go to sleep when something yellow outside his window caught his eye. Bulldozer. Hm. Arthur closed his eyes and dozed off, something to do with bulldozers tickling his mind...

"Arthur. Arthur. Arthur. Arthur." Arthur moaned softly, and rolled over. "ARTHUR! WAKE THE HECK UP!" Arthur sat up suddenly, and screamed. This wasn't his room. This wasn't his bed. And where the heck was his hangover? Standing in front of him was a tall, bearded man with a white staff. He wore a long, white cloak, and he seemded to radiate a strong, white light. "Arthur. I have a quest for you." Arthur looked shocked.
"Me? Me? Who are you? Quest? What quest? Where am I? Where's my room? Where's my bed? And where the heck is my bloody hangover?" Gandalf (that's who he is, if you hadn't figured it out) looked extremley puzzled. "Um... uh... okay. yes. I see." He cleared his throat, straightened his robe, and said, "You. You. Me. Yes. This quest. Here. There. There. You want that back, do you?"
Arthur flopped back down, feeling lost. His head hurt, and he felt sick. The room was spinning again. He felt absolutley miserable. Yep. This was his hangover. Gandalf was talking again. It was quite incoherent, and cruelly loud. He was saying something about a Dark Lord of the... something or another... wanting to...something... and steal... a taco? Arthur sat up, his head throbbing. "Taco? I like tacos. Why would you want to steal a bloody taco when you can get one at the nearest Taco Bell?" Gandalf sighed, and put his head in his hands. This was going to take a while.
"Not just any taco, Arthur. The rare purple venetian taco."

------------------
--Ringbearer

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All that is left for us to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf The Grey

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> By the way, sentences are your friends.- MikeC </font>

"We've been given Superpowers, ask us for an autograph. We sing, we dance, we'll make you laugh. Don't you want to be like us?" - Superpowers, Five Iron Frenzy

Great Danes rule!!!
2003-01-30, 6:40 AM #3
Geez! Somebody post!

------------------
--Ringbearer

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All that is left for us to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf The Grey

Quote:

"We've been given Superpowers, ask about our rock and roll. Our hair, our clothes, hobbies, and pets, does he have a girlfriend yet? Sometimes I feel like Holden Caulfield, sometimes Jack Keroac, I wanted to be famous, now I want to take it back." - Superpowers, Five Iron Frenzy

"Zero to sixty in remarkable time. It's the automobile that's top of the line. We got a K-car, on the road of life." - K-Car, Relient K
Great Danes rule!!!
2003-01-30, 10:19 AM #4
Suggestion: More writers are apt to write for something creative and original. I know I do anyways.

Unless you write for spooky taco, and I think we can all agree that we only need one of those...

[http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Check out the following stories:
The Never-ending Story Thread(comedy *sci-fi/fantasy*)

(in story order)
The Change (The Second War) (sci-fi/fantasy) --not finished/on hold--
The Crusade--tentative title (fantasy/sci-fi) --To Be Announced--
Saga of the 3rd War (fantasy/sci-fi) --finished--
The Shadows of Darkness (fantasy/sci-fi) --finished--
The Eternal War (fantasy/sci-fi) --not finished/IN PRODUCTION--
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2003-02-01, 4:36 PM #5
The spooky taco is the story of the century.
2003-02-03, 7:33 AM #6
I'm sorry, but If you want to the question the originality of The Legend of The Rare Purple Venetian Taco, I'm going to ask you to leave. "The Purple Taco" is a standing joke. I have no clue what "Spooky Taco" is, so...yeah. The only things I've... um, borrowed are every single character. So far, anyway. If other people post and feel pleasantly inclined to actually write the story, that is cool. No need to use the characters I've started with. Kill them all, start over, as long as the ultimate plot has to do with The Legend of The Rare Purple Venetian Taco.

------------------
--Ringbearer

Quote:

"We've been given Superpowers, ask about our rock and roll. Our hair, our clothes, hobbies, and pets, does he have a girlfriend yet? Sometimes I feel like Holden Caulfield, sometimes Jack Keroac, I wanted to be famous, now I want to take it back." - Superpowers, Five Iron Frenzy

"Zero to sixty in remarkable time. It's the automobile that's top of the line. We got a K-car, on the road of life." - K-Car, Relient K
Great Danes rule!!!

[This message has been edited by Ringbearer (edited February 07, 2003).]
2003-02-03, 12:24 PM #7
THIS MOD RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but you forgot the hobbits someone just said and your also missing Gandalf the Grey/White, and Saruman the White.

↑ Up to the top!