Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsInteractive Story Board → War of the Princes
War of the Princes
2004-02-09, 7:12 AM #1
Imagine this: a solar system with a hundred planets and two suns: a red sun and a yellow sun. Imagine that there are several "princes", or rulers, each of whom rules over some planets in the system. Imagine also that they derive their powers, abilities, and weapons from other universes, such as Star Wars, Legend of Zelda, Half-Life, Aliens, etc.

Imagine all this, and welcome to War of the Princes, a mostly serious story.

Here are the rules.

1) Create a character who is one of the princes. Develop a little background for him/her, something to work with as far as character goes.

2) Your prince-character should most likely be your screen name here at Massassi. Example: my prince's name is Highemperor.

3) Each prince-character should have a dark "twin". In other words, create an evil warlord with some connection to your prince. These warlords will join with the primary villain, Morthrandur the Dark Lancer, in an attempt to crush the Princes.

4) Choose up to five fictional universes: you may select powers and technology from these universes to create your prince's army. Some ideas for fictional universes are listed below.

Star Wars
Star Trek
Dungeons & Dragons
Metroid
Shannara
Worlds of Isaac Asimov
Worlds of Lawrence Watt-Evans
Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan)
Mortal Kombat
Myths of the World (ie, ancient Greek)
DC Universe
Marvel Universe
Astro City Universe
Narnia
Tolkien's Middle-Earth
Gebohq's Vision Cycle
Power Rangers
Warhammer 40,000
Starcraft
Krig's The First Realm
Aliens
Archmage (the game at magewar.com)
He-Man
Spy Kids
Harry Potter
Legend of Zelda
Quake
Matrix
Zelazny's Amber
Everquest
Castlevania

5) Your prince may control no more than twelve (12) worlds in the solar system. What's on these planets is essentially up to you, within reason.

6) Your prince may NOT be a human. Humanoid, maybe, but not human.

-----

So there it is. Feel free to develop your character to as great an extent as you like.

Also, there is a nexus of sorts in this solar system, a large asteroid hovering between the two suns. Shadowlord lives here, and is the head of the Cosmic Brokerage, which sells weapons, spells, and technology from other universes to the princes.

This nexus is the only neutral ground between the princes; it is also a dead magic zone, where most magic does not work, save for a very precious few talismans.

-----

My prince character is Highemperor. He is a red-skinned minotaur (Red Minotaur from Castlevania) standing at well over a dozen feet tall. He is sheathed in golem iron (Castlevania + D&D), which is enchanted so that it is immune to most spells (D&D) and so that it takes 9999 hits to destroy, no matter how powerful the hit the strikes it (Castlevania). He wields the Soul Eater Ring and the Chaos Ring (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow), as well as all the souls of Dracula and his demons (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow). His personal weapon is a lightsaber (built for his size).

He possesses warp technology (Warhammer 40k), clone tanks (Star Wars), and jamming beams (Star Wars).

-----

Morthrandur the Dark Lancer is sheathed in a black robe with armor forged from flames, with a hood obscuring his face in impenetrable shadow.

He possesses all sorts of powers, though what, exactly, is unknown. He is the head of the dark warlords.

-----

Shadowlord is the ghost of a former prince, with a pale form and a red right eye, though his other is just as white as the rest of his form. He is the head of the Cosmic Brokerage and trades tech and magic from other universes for hefty sums of money and resources. What he does with them is unknown.

-----

Post your characters (your prince and your warlord), so we can begin!

Thanks,
Highemp

------------------
Quest on epic adventures or duel at the High Citadel!
Visit my all-new website, the [url=http://com3.runboard.com/blazaruscitadel]Lazarus Citadel[/url!
2004-02-09, 2:10 PM #2
Sounds interesting, give me sometime to tweak my char and I'll post it up. I'll probably post on this tomorrow some time. Till then, later.

------------------
"I can become enraged like Vegeta, if i smile, run...................very fast."
-"Life is cheap.....especially mine." -Hero Yui
"Semper Fi"
-"Life is cheap.....especially mine." -Hero Yui

↑ Up to the top!