Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → It is time.. to redo my sound system.
It is time.. to redo my sound system.
2004-02-24, 12:32 PM #1
Okey dokey. When I built my computer, I didn't see the point in spending a bunch of money on sound. So I have your run-of-the-mill SoundBlaster 5.1, and pretty dinky speakers (which I damaged playing my bass through them a while ago, and they've been getting progressively worse).

I recently found a bunch of gift cards to Best Buy, so I'm going to splurge and get a new sound card/speakers. What do you suggest? I don't want to pay over 40 for either of them.

Keep in mind I'm just listening to music on them, I don't want anything huge, but I want something pretty nice.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-24, 12:36 PM #2
You're going to be hard-pressed to find anything above a 2-piece set for $40 or less.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-24, 12:52 PM #3
Eh. That's all I really need. I don't want a subwoofer, and two speakers is all I need/have room for. I just want two decent sounding speakers.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-25, 4:56 AM #4
At the $40 range, honestly, you won't have much to choose from. I'd say go with what looks prettiest, as it's all going to sound the same.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-25, 5:36 AM #5
Decent headphones?

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=3&subTopicID=26

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore

[This message has been edited by Molgrew (edited February 25, 2004).]
2004-02-25, 5:46 AM #6
Whoa, neat site.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-25, 8:43 AM #7
I've got some really sexy headphones, but I need speakers. I can go a bit over 40. Especially if I only get one. Any suggestions?

------------------

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-25, 8:53 AM #8
I snagged a three-piece set of Altec Lansing speakers for $55 at Best Buy. Great investment, though best for only personal use, not anything professional.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-25, 9:15 AM #9
Altec Lansings are very good for very cheap.

and yes, you DO want a subwoofer. You just dont know it.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-25, 11:47 AM #10
Ok, let me rephrase that. My PARENTS don't want me to have a subwoofer. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

And I'll check that out Wolfy and Schming.

------------------

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-02-25, 11:57 AM #11
Woah. I just found an awesome deal on the 2100's at staples. They're 70, and then 30 dollars off until April 4th or so, coming out to 40 dollars.

Looks like I'll be heading to Staples this weekend..

------------------

My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!