Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → System of a Down
System of a Down
2004-02-23, 5:22 PM #1
Personally I love them. What are your opinions? I think they are fresh, new and all that good stuff.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
Think while it's still legal.
2004-02-23, 5:25 PM #2
I like a few of their songs, but they're not the kind of band I casually listen to much.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-02-23, 5:26 PM #3
same here... their first album was their best

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-02-23, 5:27 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ:
I like a few of their songs, but they're not the kind of band I casually listen to much.</font>

My thoughts exactly. I bet Wolfy will kill us [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]. I have to say though, that the ide of the "Steal this Album" and the actual CD was just too good.

------------------
Only To Keep The Public Happy

[This message has been edited by mscbuck (edited February 23, 2004).]
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-02-23, 5:31 PM #5
I like A.T.W.A and Chop Suey, but I own there album, and I must say the rest is garbage in my opinion. I really like A.T.W.A., yet I hate it when the break out screaming.

------------------
Mystic0 Editing Resources (no longer Updated)
Mystic0 Forum (fast again!)
The Massassi Post Count Summary
2004-02-23, 5:33 PM #6
I love them. I love them so much I got the Chop Suey single just for Johnny. My friend thinks they may be the best band ever. I love it that they are so politically active.

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-02-23, 5:34 PM #7
Yea, I like them. Their First album is by far the best. Can't wait for the new one!

------------------
Napalm is nature's toothpaste.
2004-02-23, 5:35 PM #8
I think they're pretty atrocious, hackneyd Nu-Metal.

I guess it's decent for nu-metal, but that's not saying much.

I was into the first album before it came out on a major label, like 4 years ago. But I got sick of it pretty quick.
2004-02-23, 5:50 PM #9
<3 SoaD

h8 you all

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
NMGOH || Jack Chick preaches it
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-02-23, 6:19 PM #10
I like System of a DOwn, listen to them all the time.

------------------

"Run Away!"
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-02-23, 7:54 PM #11
I like them. They have a fairly unique sound.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-02-23, 8:22 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mscbuck:
My thoughts exactly. I bet Wolfy will kill us [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]. I have to say though, that the ide of the "Steal this Album" and the actual CD was just too good.

</font>

Actually, the Suicide Machines did it first. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

However, I agree that SoaD's packaging for the album was great.

------------------
"I am downright amazed at what I can destroy with just a hammer."
-Atom and His Package
2004-02-24, 12:34 AM #13
Bah, Steal this Album was great.

------------------

It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
2004-02-24, 5:16 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mystic0:
I like A.T.W.A and Chop Suey, but I own there album, and I must say the rest is garbage in my opinion. I really like A.T.W.A., yet I hate it when the break out screaming.

</font>

Meh, don't listen to the vocals then, i don't really, because 99% of vocals suck.

On another note, SOAD are awesome, i saw them at Leeds 2003 and it kicked *** ... although the quality of their albums is still high, the order they were released is the order in which i enjoy them, the first one is a million times better than the rest.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-24, 6:42 AM #15
I got the first album on the basis of a few vague positive reviews back in 98 or 99. At first, for me, it was so radically different in style to what I was used to that I didn't think much of it at first. But after giving it a few more proper listens I started to really love it. Even now, I can't listen to Spiders without getting goosebumps. They're absolutely great live too. I've seen em live twice, at Brixton Academy and Reading festival 2003. It was absolutely crazy at reading. I thought some people had got a fire going near the front but the 'smoke' was just huge clouds of dust rising from underneath hundreds of pounding feet, it was pretty damn incredible.

------------------
Jagged Conscience: No maeve, don't stand up for Rob, he needs to learn.
Maeve:that's Rob?
Jagged Conscience: He's a Rob
2004-02-24, 2:00 PM #16
i'm listening to some SoaD songs i d/led right now and i like them...they're Toxicity, Forest, and ATWA but i'm getting more...i don't own any albums, but they're pretty good IMO

------------------
go find a monkey and just laugh at him if you want to date me
2004-02-24, 2:25 PM #17
Don't download songs. DON'T DOWNLOAD SYSTEM OF A DOWN SONGS. DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY SONGS.

------------------

2004-02-24, 4:45 PM #18
If you like Sugar, then you probably dig jazz.

Okay, bye.

------------------
Shut up. I'm GOING to do this whether you like it or not.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-02-24, 4:57 PM #19
If you like jazz, then you probably dig hip hop

(I have all SOAD albums, I dig everything)

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore

[This message has been edited by Molgrew (edited February 24, 2004).]
2004-02-24, 9:15 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Molgrew:
If you like jazz, then you probably dig hip hop

</font>

Explain.

SOAD is decent, though some of their songs seem a little shallow and empty.

------------------
Roach - Steal acceptance, lend denial.

0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-02-25, 2:19 AM #21
Well, certain hip hop is loosely related to jazz

------------------
Of war, we don't speak anymore

[This message has been edited by Molgrew (edited February 25, 2004).]
2004-02-25, 5:42 AM #22
Hip hop came from funk came from jazz. But that doesn't mean you'll like all 3.

As for SOAD, I love it. Especially when I'm angsty. Their first album rocks.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-25, 8:35 AM #23
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
Don't download songs. DON'T DOWNLOAD SYSTEM OF A DOWN SONGS. DON'T DOWNLOAD ANY SONGS.

</font>

They want you to steal their stuff.

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-02-25, 6:06 PM #24
I'll have to agree with a lot of you and say the first album was the best: Suite-Pee, Sugar, Spiders, Suggestions ... ah the memories [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Back when Limp Bizkit was new and there was actually a person or two who thought they where good...
2004-02-26, 12:04 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Actually, the Suicide Machines did it first. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

However, I agree that SoaD's packaging for the album was great.</font>

That CD is awesome. I love the cover of "End of the World". But for SOAD... their vocals bother the crap outta me, and the riffs are painfully predictable. IMO, there's better stuff out there.

------------------
Space Colony Inc. Phoenix Suburban City Dereliction
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."

↑ Up to the top!