Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Tons Acoustic Sessions
Tons Acoustic Sessions
2004-02-24, 4:04 AM #1
http://www.astafford.demon.co.uk/

Questions? Comments? Flames?

Recorded these back in October, was pretty fun, we might be going back to perform an electric set sometime.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-02-25, 5:19 AM #2
I only had time to listen to blue-screen braveheart, unfortunatly. Surprisingly, the vocals are the best part. Usually, I'm bashing my head on my desk from the shrill shrieking of a "lead singer" trying to add falsetto, cracking his voice. I like this alot. Please be sure to post any more stuff you get recorded.

I'm actually remastering that track right now, to see if I can rebalance the vocals and guitar. I'm hoping it'll make it easier to understand, and make it more crisp overall.
[edit]
it helped sooo much!!! it's actually made my acoustic playlist.

[This message has been edited by Compos Mentis (edited February 25, 2004).]
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-25, 8:32 AM #3
hah, thanks for the response... the vocals on that song are a lot stronger than the others, when we were recording, i jumped a bit the first time he started singing, when in the studio, its quite a shout. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
2004-02-25, 9:29 AM #4
Compos, you are cool, sorry if I never mentioned it before.

and ya... these songs are taking a while to download so I'm going to listen to Bluescreen Braveheart right now and then go through and get the rest later.

The drum(s)? are offbeat with the guitar in some parts. The guitar sounds good until like the last minute where you have another guitar overlaid on it it sounds like. The other guitar is out of tune or in a different key or something, just sounds weird.

I like this song though. Only thing is I like the vocals that come in at the last 2 minutes than the lead vocals because the lead vocals sound like generic emo-ish vocals.... no offense. The piano bit at the end is genious.

------------------
please
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-02-25, 9:42 AM #5
Ok, second song: Figeeta.

First thing, love guitar bit and drum! ...lead singer's voice underwent a weird transformation though and it sounds like an imitation of incubus now... harmonizing is good! What could benefit this song is more than just a verse/chorus type progression... there just needs to be a change in the vocal melody to add a little more emotional intensity to the song, make it more interesting. You tried to do something with the guitar doing a little progression up the neck, try something like that with the vocals.

------------------
please
2004-02-25, 11:20 AM #6
two singers, both have similar voices.

drums are a hand drum and a tambourine, so its a little wierd.

And there is no piano [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Acoustic Guitar
Electric Guitar
Electric Bass
Handrum & Tambourine

------------------
2004-02-26, 8:01 AM #7
eh...?

------------------
please