Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Producer roll call & technique thread
Producer roll call & technique thread
2004-02-27, 6:43 AM #1
Just wondering who all besides Flexor and I produce music. I'm not speaking just electronic genres of music, either, but rather music produced mostly with electronics (acid rock/jazz, industrial etc). And before anyone tells me, yes I know that you can do those kinds of music totally live, but they can also be 100% electronic based.

I'd like to use this thread as a way for us to share examples, techniques, equipment suggestions etc.

I myself have been producing electronic music (trance, idm, Drum n bass, hardcore and downtempo/trip hop) for more than 4 years. I've been using fruity since before version 3.0, and have it completely mastered as recent as version Studio 4.1. Besides fruity, I am well studied in Cubase SX. I also carry a fair amount of knowledge in tons of other programs. Besides all this, I have 10 years of advanced music experience behind my belt, along with a ton of knowledge about all kinds of hardware and a great understanding of sound synthesis (FM, modular, granular etc.).

I've seen several people complain about not knowing about using fruity, so I plan on writing a series of tutorials just for massassi.

Please, share your experience with all of us, or make suggestions on stuff you'd like help with/questions.

-Mentis
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-27, 6:45 AM #2
I'm an amateur Fruity Loops person, and I help writing lyricsa for my cousin's band at times.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2004-02-27, 7:04 AM #3
I use Fruity 4 but for drum tracks (rock, folk/rock, metal), not for electronic music
2004-02-27, 7:08 AM #4
The first tutorial I'm going to do is going to be on drums. How to take a drum break from any song and slice it up to reuse it and resequence it yourself. In other words, a more realistic sounding drum beat.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-02-27, 7:51 AM #5
I've been using sound recording and clips from iTunes to make really cheap stuff. It's fun and I've been meaning to get into serious stuff later on.

------------------
please *
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"

↑ Up to the top!