Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Me first song....
Me first song....
2004-03-07, 3:20 PM #1
Something I made with Apple's Garage Band program (I can't for the life of me figure out ANYTHING in FruityLoops).

I know for a fact it's complete crap. I know virtually everything in there is a loop, mainly becuase those are the easy things to work with. About the only thing I like about it is that it's somewhat interesting.

"So", you ask, "Why are you showing us crap?" Becuase I want ideas on what I should work more on, what I have nailed, etc.

Oh, and a title would be cool too. I couldn't come up with anything that fit it.

So, here it is. It's just under 4 minutes. All those brave enough to listen, I really would like comments. Comments as in something constructive, not "this sucks". I know that.

Hey, I had to start somewhere...

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-03-08, 6:21 AM #2
Hey, I started out in MTV Music Generator, so don't be too hard on yourself. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

I think this song is very...repetitive. It could use a lot more variaty and originality.
I think you should up the tempo a tad, take some of the repetitive parts out, and add some more drum riffs in there. Other than that, this is great for a first song.

[This message has been edited by Delphian (edited March 08, 2004).]
2004-03-08, 6:30 AM #3
I, too, started in mtv music generator. Now I'm working towards a degree in audio engineering
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-03-08, 6:56 AM #4
At first I thought this was a thread about Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. I'm glad it's not. Otherwise I'd have to kill myself for reading it.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.
2004-03-08, 8:57 AM #5
I love that song! Holy carp. WRAH! I don't see the repetitiveness....meh. I like it alot. Just that static is GAHH.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-03-08, 10:10 AM #6
well, a fellow garageband user.
I can tell you probably more than anyone else, seeing as how i know the diferent loops. Believe me, it is NOT crap. Although personally i dont like the scratch you are using, its probably the best to go with your song. all i suggest is try warping different instuments (like when you find the orchestra loops, change the intrument to Arena Rock or something, believe me it sounds cool. Also try and edit (cut, shorten, remove bits) of the loops. If you want any other pointers for Garageband id be glad to give them to you.

------------------
Life is too important to take seriously
-Oscar Wilde
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
~ Oscar Levant
2004-03-08, 11:12 AM #7
Other than the static/scratching, this is pretty good.

------------------
I am Darth Slaw.
The Dark Lord of the Sith,
And part of the Nightfire mod team
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-03-09, 3:01 PM #8
Well, I'm definately surprised so many people liked it.

This song is probably going nowhere ever again, but this weekend I'm going to try my hand at another and use some of the suggestions given.

Thanks for the help so far and expect a new one by at least next Monday.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!