Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → so... my band won my college's battle of the bands
so... my band won my college's battle of the bands
2004-04-05, 6:44 AM #1
And we're opening for Bubba Sparxx and Fuel this Thursday. I'm really really excited, but I'm disappointed in the other bands I'm going to be playing with... I dunno, I just dont like their music, of course, I'm just going to grin and bear it and have a great time.

But ya, just thought you guys might want to know or something.

------------------
please *
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-04-05, 7:22 AM #2
That's great! Congrats [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

And yeah I want to know, dammit.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-05, 7:46 AM #3
Awesome!

------------------

"Run Away!"
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-04-05, 11:07 AM #4
Congrats [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-05, 12:52 PM #5
That is awesome. Good luck with the show.
If I were doing that I'd be nervous as hell. And perhaps a little bit more.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-04-05, 1:32 PM #6
Fuel's awesome! Congrats, and have a great time [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-04-05, 2:11 PM #7
opening for a band that just about everyone has heard of can be a very good thing for your band's future

------------------
wang is within all
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-04-05, 3:22 PM #8
I think this is what's called a jobby-gig.

It's funny. I remember when you posted about vomiting what looked like cheese and played metal.

------------------
Flibbledy-dibbledy! Nyaaaaaaaahhh!

-The Last True Evil
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-04-05, 4:39 PM #9
congrats!

------------------
Lat rocks my box with sox
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-04-05, 4:46 PM #10
Congrats! That's some feat!

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-04-05, 5:03 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tracer:
I think this is what's called a jobby-gig.

It's funny. I remember when you posted about vomiting what looked like cheese and played metal.

</font>

Hahaha, cheese-vomit? dont remember that, but I do remember liking metal.... so young and foolish.

Had practice today, my lead guitarist couldnt make it, but the guy that laid down the piano track for My Grey Company (if you havent heard it http://www.soundclick.com/schming) was there. He's not in the band because he's got his own little solo project going, but we always welcome him to play with us and he has fun. We've added him on almost all of our songs, they sound really cool with keys, especially Mullorahm and a new one I wrote a couple weeks ago that we'll probably be closing with...

Not nervous, just wish it would hurry up and be Thursday... I have training for my new job like every day this week and a bunch of crap due at school...I'm just kind of stressed out.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album comes out April 20th
2004-04-05, 5:31 PM #12
Heh, nice sig [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-06, 1:34 PM #13
Nice one! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Congrats - hope all goes well.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-04-06, 2:52 PM #14
Awesome! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] What an achievement. This is a great thing that could really help you alot if your trying to make it in the music biz.

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith
2004-04-06, 4:54 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keith Marshall:
Awesome! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] What an achievement. This is a great thing that could really help you alot if your trying to make it in the music biz.

</font>

And if you mean trying to make it, you really mean Going to make it or die trying... yes. This could help, or it could just be a nice thing to do on a Thursday night... my drummer wants me to have 4 press kits ready to give to important Fuel-related people... bleh. Eitherway, it's going to be fun.

------------------

2004-04-08, 12:20 PM #16
My advice would be to not think about it as anything important for your future, but just to think of it as a big gig and a good time.
Which, of course, you're already doing anyway, so that's good.

Opening for big bands alone doesn't really mean much. Your best hope is that you catch the ear of someone important. I hear Beatles-type music is becoming big again.

------------------
All you need is love.
2004-04-08, 4:11 PM #17
So yes, it was probably the best show ever. There was only about 500 people there so I'm kind of disappointed but seriously it's the most fun I've had and the best I've played in a while...

------------------

2004-04-08, 7:01 PM #18
Did the audience like you? The bands you opened for don't seem to me like they'd attract audiences who would really like your type of music.

------------------
All you need is love.
2004-04-09, 4:40 AM #19
Ya, we actually got a better applause than Bubba Sparxx.... but you could tell some of the people were like, "Who the hell are these guys?"

------------------

2004-04-09, 5:04 AM #20
Details, give us more! Anyway, cool beans.

------------------
I’m not going to die, I’m going to see if I was ever alive. - Spike
It's not your right to decide whether they live or die. They deserve a chance! - Vash
BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-04-09, 6:06 PM #21
Have any audio from the gig?

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-04-10, 7:58 PM #22
I have a video of it so I could rip the audio but it'll sound... not good, but I'll probably try to do that when I have time.

So yes, Fuel is a bunch of dicks and just stayed on their tour bus until they went on, and Bubba Sparxx is probably the most annoying person on the planet, just straight up rude and redneck, did I mention he only rapped during 2 songs?

------------------

2004-04-11, 7:57 AM #23
I suspect you're right about Fuel, but it's possible that they were just tired from being on tour and wanted to relax before they played.

------------------
All you need is love.
2004-04-11, 1:20 PM #24
That's really cool that you got the gig, I'm really impressed. HAve you signed with anyone yet?

------------------
Punktkerbe | www.hl2central.net
2004-04-11, 2:34 PM #25
No, I've talked to other bands that have opened for them and they said they're like that all the time.

We are unsigned right now.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!