Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Country
Country
2004-04-10, 4:16 PM #1
So, who else here are into country music?

I've barely scratched the surface of this wonderful genre, but I've loved what I've heard thus far. Dolly Parton and Johnny Cash are my current favorites.

Anyone got any suggestions on other artists to check out?

------------------
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
"For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."
-Robert Jastrow
2004-04-10, 4:37 PM #2
I used to be a hardcore HATER of country music, but one of my friends introduced me to this band known as Rascal Flatts.

And I loved them. I guess mainly cuz they didn't sound like the usual country.

So now I listen to Rascal Flatts. Too bad I can't stand anything else labeled as "country".

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-04-10, 6:32 PM #3
Check out some Chet Atkins.

------------------
Flibbledy-dibbledy! Nyaaaaaaaahhh!

-The Last True Evil
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-04-10, 6:33 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Da_Roosta:
And I loved them. I guess mainly cuz they didn't sound like the usual country.

So now I listen to Rascal Flatts. Too bad I can't stand anything else labeled as "country".
</font>

Actually there's alot of country that sounds like them.

I like Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Lonestar, and Shakira(although she technically only has a couple of country songs).

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-04-11, 8:52 AM #5
Garth Brooks. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

Actually, I used to be a big fan of GB. My two favorites of his are "The Fever" and "Ain't goin' down 'till the Sun Comes Up". (Double live versions are infinitely better.)

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
- Proverbs 27:17
Ignorance breeds ignorance, anger breeds anger, violence breeds violence, so love breeds love. Choose the fruit of your life wisely.

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited April 11, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-11, 2:35 PM #6
HANK WILLIAMS Sr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album comes out April 20th
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-04-12, 4:18 AM #7
I like country, but only real country. I HATE that pop country that's on the radio. It's just modern rock with that loud screeching sound to make it sound "country".

------------------
Space Colony Inc. Phoenix Suburban City Dereliction
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-04-12, 4:58 AM #8
What are you talking about?

(Or maybe I've not heard country enough lately.)

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
- Proverbs 27:17
Ignorance breeds ignorance, anger breeds anger, violence breeds violence, so love breeds love. Choose the fruit of your life wisely.

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!