Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → More tunes (Listen at your own risk!)
More tunes (Listen at your own risk!)
2004-04-11, 4:59 PM #1
Click

I think my singing is on key this time. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."
- Proverbs 27:17
Ignorance breeds ignorance, anger breeds anger, violence breeds violence, so love breeds love. Choose the fruit of your life wisely.

Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-12, 3:25 AM #2
Is it me, or is "I want to know you more" a shameless rip of "Kiss From A Rose"?

The acoustic song is pretty good.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-04-12, 5:01 AM #3
You know, I tried to avoid that, but I just couldn't. I tried to deviate from it by varying the chords and melody, avoided finding the song to download and see what it sounded like (I'd only heard it a couple of times) because it would stick in my head even more.

Curse my musical memory. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

I was working on a full version of the acoustic song when my CF card suddenly died. Hopefully, Lexar will replace it, since it's almost new.

------------------
Ignorance breeds ignorance, anger breeds anger, violence breeds violence, so love breeds love. Choose the fruit of your life wisely.

National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited April 12, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-12, 8:57 AM #4
That first song sounds sooo much like 'Kiss From a Rose'.. I cant tell if you said you tried not to make it sound like that sarcastically or not because it's almost note for note the exact same. Your voice sounds better.

The guitar on the second one sounds WAAAAY too trebly, but after about 10 seconds it actually sounds kind of cool... if you like it leave it, if not fix the EQ. Your voice goes flat a couple of times on some lower notes, the backing vocals sound good, but overall the voice is a lot better on these tracks.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album comes out April 20th
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-04-12, 9:18 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schming:
That first song sounds sooo much like 'Kiss From a Rose'.. I cant tell if you said you tried not to make it sound like that sarcastically or not because it's almost note for note the exact same.</font>
Not quite. I listened to it after I finished recording, and there's some noteable differences. Maybe I'll change the melody some day, but it's quite hard to come up with anything different to that chord progression.

The second song is a first take (I forgot to mention that). There will be a full version... some day. The newer one I had sounded way better.

But I wish I didn't remember the things I hear so well. I wrote a song once that ended up sounding like Third Day's "You are so Good to Me"... even though I'd only heard it once, and wasn't really paying attention to it at the time. Having a memory like that makes it really hard to compose something original. It sucks... and do you think I can remember other things easily? No. I really hate it.

------------------

Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-04-14, 11:34 AM #6
OK. I re-recorded the acoustic song. I increased the tempo. changed the harmony, and added an acoustic lead guitar and a mandolin. I was going to add a violin, but I discovered for the 397th consecutive time that I can't play it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DogSRoOL (edited April 14, 2004).]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!