Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Snow Patrol
Snow Patrol
2004-04-20, 5:36 AM #1
I haven't seen this band mentioned here yet so I thought i'd introduce it. Snow Patrol is a band from Scotland, i've only heard their newest album but it's excellent. Very mellow and relaxing.

I expect Spork and Schming would like them.

I recommend listening to "Run" and "Chocolate".
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-04-20, 5:42 AM #2
*loads WinMX*

Mellow and relaxing Scottish music... Must be a Travis clone [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-20, 5:57 AM #3
Far superior to Travis.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-04-20, 6:17 AM #4
Wow.. Nice find!

Chocolate instantly reminded me of Doves (I'm sure you'll agree with me, Schming). Run has a nice anthemic melody to it. Actually it sounds like said band also... These guys are like Doves on prozac [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

The lead singer's voice is a little annoying but it's nothing I couldnt get used to.

Oh, and no, very few bands are superior to Travis, and so far these guys aint one of em [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited April 20, 2004).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-20, 6:24 AM #5
Travis are an average band in terms of songwriting and their songs. They aren't original nor are they as good as most of their fans will have you believe. They've made some damn good songs, I'll give them that, but I always think that you can judge how good a band is on their albums.

The Travis albums that I have only have 3-4 good songs on each, whereas the best bands (I'm not interested in starting a "My band is bigger than yours" debate) have 90% good songs on their albums. Travis haven't evolved from their original "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" sound.

"Final Straw" is an excellent album, all in all, I'd recommend buying it for the two bonus tracks which are very good, and I'd also recommend "How To Be Dead" and "Spitting Games" ("Spitting Games" was bundled with some versions of Winamp a few months ago, don't know if it's still available.)

------------------
What is this 'real life' you speak of, and where can I download it?

[This message has been edited by Smokeh (edited April 20, 2004).]
What is this 'real life' you speak of, and where can I download it?
2004-04-20, 6:49 AM #6
Travis did not evolve at all between The Man Who and The Invisible Band, they might as well be the same album there's no denying that, Smokeh. But their 'original sound' is from Good Feeling, not The Man Who (inc. Why Does it Always Rain On Me) and is a much more raw and rocking sound than what's on their middle two albums. I think Travis' new album 12 Memories is a step in the right direction for them, it's not a brilliant album (although it does have some brilliant tracks), but it does continue the bands' evolution.

Incidently, just downloaded the 2 tracks you mentioned and they're both good [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

[This message has been edited by Spork (edited April 20, 2004).]
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-20, 6:53 AM #7
After repeated listens of Run, I like it. A lot.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-04-20, 1:25 PM #8
I don't really like snow patrol.

That single Light Up, or whatever its called, not a fan at all.

I heard another single on the radio a few days ago, it wasn't as bad but it just seemed boring, I like relaxing music, but snow patrol are just a little too musically dull for my tastes.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-04-20, 2:40 PM #9
I'm still orgasmic over the new Jump album, but I'll give these guys a shot.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album comes out April 20th
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"

↑ Up to the top!