Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Roskilde!
Roskilde!
2004-05-23, 1:12 PM #1
My older sister rules!
So, she's going to the Roskilde Festival (possibly the only European summer festival larger than Glastonbury) with a friend, and she bought a ticket in case another friend would come.

"Hvis du ønsker at ankomme til festivalen mellem den 27. og 30. juni, skal du købe denne billettype."

This is where the great part comes in: if that friend doesn't show up, I get to go with her [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] (Y'know, so that the 150€ hasn't been wasted)! The little devil on my shoulder is whispering all kinds of eeevil schemes in order to get her friend not to show up, while my little angel is telling me to be patient and not to torture myself by expecting too much. Now, I'm sorry, but the friend not showing up would just RULE! A bustrip to Denmark with my favourite sister (well, my only sister), sleeping in a tent, meeting all kinds of strange people and enjoying 3 days of fan-[friggin']-tastic music!

Just look at the line-up!
Basement Jaxx, Blackalicious, David Bowie, Fatboy Slim, Franz Ferdinand, Muse, Pixies, Luke Vibert! Plenty more! I'm sure I'll have a handful of new groups to scan for albums once/if I've been there. Eeee!

So, uh. I've been to a bunch of gigs and sets, usually in some downstairs pub or club, never a genuine outdoor summer festival. Anyone want to share stories of what type of things to expect?

------------------
Lost in a flood, run red with your blood

I've just locked an open door. Strange, yet symbolically compelling!
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-05-23, 5:16 PM #2
Muse, Franz Ferdinand, Kings of Leon... Hell I'd go! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-24, 4:57 PM #3
Awesome!
I'd go for:
Basement Jaxx
David Bowie
Franz Ferdinand
Morrissey
The Pixies
The Shins

Coolness. Too bad I don't live near it.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-05-24, 5:18 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dry gear the frog:
Awesome!
I'd go for:
Basement Jaxx
David Bowie
Franz Ferdinand
Morrissey
The Pixies
The Shins

Coolness. Too bad I don't live near it.

</font>

whoa

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-05-24, 10:00 PM #5
Heehee. Still trying very hard not to get my hopes too up. Grrr. He'd better not show up [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

I'm a festival newbie. Has anyone been to something like this? I'm just wondering if I should bring my digital camera or if I should stick with a couple of single-use cameras in case something gets stolen. Is there anything essential I should know about these dealies should I get to go?
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-05-24, 11:33 PM #6
I've been to a few huge festivals. While it may be nice to have a digi-cam, it can be an intense thing alot of the time. If it's a camping event (I didnt' really look into it that far), then you need to be sure to keep things locked up and out of site.

I'd say a few single-use cameras would be the safest bet, unless you plan on spectating from afar, or plan on being seated during most of it.

Oh, and take all the important things out of your wallet. It's easy to lose those/have them stolen as well.

Good luck on attending, and if you do, share the pictures!

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-05-25, 1:59 AM #7
Im heading to Warped Tour and Lollapalooza this summer. Should be fun!

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-05-25, 4:47 AM #8
Its got the same bands playing as all the festivals over summer... really, you'd expect at least one festival to vary it a bit.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.

↑ Up to the top!