Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Massassi Radio
Massassi Radio
2004-06-16, 4:39 AM #1
http://lunarhorizon.com:8000/listen.pls

We sound better than your playlist.

Expect songs from Me, Lecky, Vin, Gris and Ubuu (please tell me if anyone else has done, and talk to Lecky in #massassi if you wanna broadcast yourself).

Its good stuff, requests are accepted.

Me is on right now and I tend to play stuff that adds confusion to the way you go about your music listening business.

Again addy, its all good.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-06-16, 4:41 AM #2
you brought the kbs backup from last night >:|

------------------
<S51> Give a man a sandwich and you'll feed him for an hour, teach him to make a sandwich and he'll get pissed, hit you and tell you to make him another sandwich.
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-06-16, 4:44 AM #3
Massassi radio is great, because it plays (whenever spe deejays) Mr. Bungle and Tomahawk and stuff like that.

------------------
"The trick in life is not to find a way to make it perfect, it's to enjoy the good, strengthen your ability to deal with the bad, and keep your eyes looking forward to the good."
-Chelsea Brown
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2004-06-16, 4:48 AM #4
Yeah, listen to it. Or then don't.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-06-16, 5:40 AM #5
Out of interest, what technology is driving that? I'm planning an MP3 streaming server for my LAN after I've moved.

I've heard of Shoutcast, which sounds (from the little I've heard of it) ideal for my needs. The clients will all be running Winamp (although I will be messing around with Linux on my client as well) and the server will (hopefully) be running Linux w/ Apache server.

[NB: Yes I did consider putting this in a new thread in the Tech forum, but I didn't think it was really a hijack, and it's not exactly unrelated to music.]

The playlist is pretty cool at the moment as well.
2004-06-16, 6:06 AM #6
Its all shoutcast and winamp.

I'm trying to keep it as varied as possible, without having to choose anything I may feel the need to skip halfway through.

Stupid winamp is enqueuing the same song twice too, so sometimes the same song plays twice through if I don't hit skip quick enough.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-06-16, 7:39 AM #7
Yay! I thought it would be hard to set it up because I havent used winamp in forever, but it took me one click and a drag with iTunes.

[hopefully this will last longer than the last massassi radio]

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now

[This message has been edited by Schming (edited June 16, 2004).]
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-06-16, 8:54 AM #8
...so far about 3/4 of the songs I would have skipped through.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-06-16, 12:29 PM #9
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schming:
Yay! I thought it would be hard to set it up because I havent used winamp in forever, but it took me one click and a drag with iTunes.

[hopefully this will last longer than the last massassi radio]

</font>

It does work with iTunes? Oh, good. I use iTunes all the time, if there is a way to do it without Winamp, I don't launch it.

What's the speed of the stream? Since I'm on 56k, this is something of an issue since I don't want it to rebuffer the stream every few seconds.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-06-16, 5:18 PM #10
It's down. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

And does Flexor get anything on it?

------------------
[16:38] Correction: dick tracy was a real man
[16:38] happydud: Actually... He wasn't. :D
[19:08] Dormouse: hi, my name's happydud and i'm passive-aggress.. SHUTUP!! *stabs nearby orphan*
[You have gained 3 Dark Side Points]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-06-16, 5:40 PM #11
I'm down to DJ some time

------------------
</sarcasm>
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-06-17, 6:28 AM #12
it's back?? YES!!

------------------
What once was...
2004-06-17, 7:20 AM #13
I'm currently broadcasting, as of June 17th , 13:30 EST. tune in for lots of good metal and guitar virtuosos.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-06-17, 3:27 PM #14
O_o

I've tried about 5 times over the past two days to play it, in both iTunes and Winamp. I keep getting a Service Unavailable message. What's up with that? Is it really down? Or do I have something set up wrong to recieve this particular stream?

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-06-17, 4:43 PM #15
Well, it's not -always- up, you just have to try sporadically. Drop by the chat to see if it's up or not.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-06-17, 4:48 PM #16
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
It's down. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

And does Flexor get anything on it?

</font>

Nuh-uh.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-06-17, 4:51 PM #17
I'm listening right now, and it sounds great.. but it would be nice if it said what song was playing, because I like it but have no idea what the song is.
2004-06-17, 5:13 PM #18
I'm attempting to listen to it. At 96kbps, this stream isn't much good for me. It rebuffers every few seconds. Any chance of getting maybe a 32kbps stream? I know it's VASTLY lower quality, but then dial-up users like myself who have problems with it rebuffering won't have it happen as often.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
Last Stand
2004-06-17, 5:42 PM #19
Yeah, it's buffering every few seconds for me too.

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-06-17, 6:57 PM #20
I'm hosting my own radio. I don't mean this to be a thread hijack, though, just making it available for when massassi's is down. http://shoutcast.com/sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls?rn=433891&file=filename.pls is the link. I'll have a ton of different stuff on here, but alot of it may end up being electronic music. It's currently at 56kb/s mono for dialup users.

------------------
</sarcasm>

[This message has been edited by Compos Mentis (edited June 17, 2004).]
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-06-18, 2:30 AM #21
Ok, just brought up a 56K server for all you dialup users:

http://lunarhorizon.com:8050/listen.pls running at about 32kbps.

And remember, broadband users can tune into the high-quality version here:

------------------
Go To: HL2Central - The only HL2 site run by massassians and ex-massassians.

My turnips listen for the soft cry of your love. My insides turn to celery as I unleash my warm and sticky cauliflower of love.
Visit: Alcopedia.net the Alcoholic Encyclopedia

The user formerly known as EL3CTRO.
2004-06-18, 2:36 AM #22
Yay, Dream Theater.
2004-06-18, 6:35 AM #23
Yea, the lower stream is much better. When I listen to the radio online, it's usually just for background noise anyway. I'm not paying heavy attention to it. So the quality isn't that big a factor. As long as it's not rebuffering every 15 seconds, I'm happy.

Thanks.

[edit] Lou Reed!? Awesome. I find that man very hilarious. [/edit]

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--

[This message has been edited by phoenix_9286 (edited June 18, 2004).]
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!