Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Updates about my band.
Updates about my band.
2004-07-01, 12:17 PM #1
Just posting this as info. As of today my band Shadeye, no longer exists...

Instead we've changed the name to Third Horizon, and are working on getting a banner done and some new artwork for the demo. I'm fairly excited myself as this is a much better name than before, and also something that can easily stay in the minds of people.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-01, 3:01 PM #2
Wait... you only changed the name? Or is this about ditching old habits and routine and starting over?

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-01, 3:11 PM #3
Vertical Horizon rocks.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-07-01, 3:20 PM #4
Just taking a new name. something more permanent since we all decided in a brainstorm.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.

[This message has been edited by Seb (edited July 01, 2004).]
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-02, 2:40 AM #5
What are you talking about? Shadeye sounded cool. Third horizon sounds bleh. If going just by name, I'd be much more attracted to a band called shadeye than third horizon - it just sounds cliche.

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-07-02, 3:50 AM #6
Well, you're one of the only. We were talking to promoters a few days back, handing out demos and such. they asked us what the band's name what. I said Shadeye, they said "What?"... So I had to repeat. and I often had to repeat to people around here =/

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-02, 7:34 AM #7
Maybe you live by a bunch of dumb people. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
For a healty meal, eat mashed potatoes, peas, and catloaf.
Valuable Life Lesson: Frog + Potato Gun = Blindness
Catalog of Electronic Components - Complete IC data sheets
National Electrical Code® (NEC®) Online - Legal requirements for wiring projects.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-07-02, 8:26 AM #8
I agree with those above - Third Horizon sounds cliche.

There's already bands - even metal bands - with similar names.

Example (These are real bands):

Lost Horizon
Vertical Horizon
Halo Horizon
Blue Horizon Band
Southern Horizon
Silent Horizon

Shadeye seemed more original
2004-07-02, 10:23 AM #9
Shadeye > *

I really dislike the new name.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-02, 2:45 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:

Blue Horizon Band
</font>

That's awesome for a small country/rock band.
Anyway, whatever name works better for you.
Shadeye and Third Horizon are both good.

------------------
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2004-07-03, 8:03 AM #11
meh, I like Shadeye better as well... But it's your choice, I guess.

------------------
Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
http://www.writings-emag.net The next big thing since individually wrapped cheese slices (coming soon).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-07-03, 8:20 AM #12
Well, the difference is that it's a name that actually means something both on its own and as a link to the music and lyrics, as opposed to just being a wierd word.

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-03, 8:24 AM #13
Satan's Love Child

there's a name for your bandor you can use one of my old band names i don't care

Dead in Your Eyes
Chaotic Peace
Electric Voodoo Dolls

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-03, 4:00 PM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
I agree with those above - Third Horizon sounds cliche.

There's already bands - even metal bands - with similar names.

Example (These are real bands):

Lost Horizon
Vertical Horizon
Halo Horizon
Blue Horizon Band
Southern Horizon
Silent Horizon

Shadeye seemed more original
</font>

Third day
Third eye blind

------------------
WAITER: Here’s your green salad, sir.
ANAKIN: What? You fool, I told you NO CROUTONS! Aaaaaaargh!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

↑ Up to the top!