Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → And you say I'm a lazy bum...
And you say I'm a lazy bum...
2004-07-12, 1:58 PM #1
Yeah. New song recorded. this one replaces Foreigner,which won't make it on the demo, or as a Shadeye song(Yes, I'm keeping the name right now, though it's still temporary).

Lost Among Spirits.mp3

So that leaves one more to record, and then final artworking and actual release will come. eventually. if my bandmembers stop being lazy asses and actually -do- something..... Other than letting me do everything, of course.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-12, 5:55 PM #2
it sucks and you are a horrible musician

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-07-12, 6:05 PM #3
Bigger finish, I say! Bigger finish!

------------------
Empty.
2004-07-12, 7:50 PM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hellequin:
Bigger finish, I say! Bigger finish!

</font>

------------------
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2004-07-12, 8:14 PM #5
Nice.

------------------
<landfish> FastGamerr > Satan
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2004-07-13, 5:04 AM #6
good stuff.... its quick.

------------------
Drugs & Stupidity, Tons of it.
2004-07-13, 9:05 AM #7
<3. No lyrics is the winner. I love it. You remind me of one of my favorite bands so that's always a good thing! I still have a good 4 or 5 of your Mp3's that you posted a while ago. Nomad, Greenery etc. Keep up the good work.

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-13, 10:58 AM #8
Great guitar work, nice and fast, but a bit repetitive. Keep up the good work!

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-07-13, 11:14 AM #9
I like it a lot, nice job.

------------------
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2004-07-13, 11:28 AM #10
Heh. Greenery is no more, SAJN. Won't rerecord it. also, as far as repetition goes, it's a song for lyrics without lyrics, currently.

Also, thanks for the comments. keep'em coming.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.

[This message has been edited by Seb (edited July 13, 2004).]
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-13, 12:35 PM #11
Awww, Greenery was my favorite [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
I made a thread, that turned into the debate, so I made a second thread, that turned into a debate, then I made a third thread, that caught on fire, burned down, got flamed, crapped on, bashed, then turned into a debate...but the fourth one, the fourth one stayed on topic!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-07-13, 12:55 PM #12
Also my first song ever written, and musically there were so many -wrongs- with it that it made my hair prickle. honestly if it wasn't for the sheer popularity of it, Nomads would've been downed too.

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-13, 1:16 PM #13
When do you suppose the songs will have vocals recorded to them?
2004-07-13, 1:22 PM #14
When my vocal gets his microphone gear.

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-14, 9:21 PM #15
Sounds great [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Care to share some recording tips?

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-14, 9:41 PM #16
I can't wait to hear the final cuts for these songs, I would drop for a cd in a heartbeat.

------------------
2004-07-14, 10:48 PM #17
My lead guitarist would like it. I really dont like it. The distortion sounds too... I dont like that type of distortion. It sounds like it would make good Contra music, like when you're shooting the giant heart at the end.

------------------
free mp3 ~Jump - Young America

new album Between the Dim and the Dark available now
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-07-15, 1:22 AM #18
Heh. What makes me laugh is that you stop at the tone, and forget the song. I'm working with the quality I can, the point is to put my compositions on real instruments. then after we can work on getting better quality recordings with this.

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-16, 11:58 AM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Schming:
My lead guitarist would like it. I really dont like it. The distortion sounds too... I dont like that type of distortion. It sounds like it would make good Contra music, like when you're shooting the giant heart at the end.</font>

Take a look around for "Contra" by Vomitron [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Seb:
Heh. What makes me laugh is that you stop at the tone, and forget the song. I'm working with the quality I can, the point is to put my compositions on real instruments. then after we can work on getting better quality recordings with this.</font>

Yeah, ok. Having lousy tone doesn't stop me writing writing/recording, I'm just tired of recording and playing back the finished product and having it sound muddy. I can't seem to get a distortion out of my equipment with any real crunch to it. Your's sound great.

It's no fair [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
When guitars are outlawed, only outlaws will have guitars.
2004-07-16, 2:35 PM #20
it's the curse of a musician. you're always a bit too perfectionnist [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

And, well, about the tone. nothing much really, it's my pedal's doing. as I explained before, line-in with speaker simulation. into Sonar.

------------------
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-07-16, 6:19 PM #21
Awesome.

What I really don't like, though, is how firefox and my quicktime plugin can't play a damn mp3 without screwing up.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music

↑ Up to the top!