Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → We were dancing all around, ah give it to me give it to me now
We were dancing all around, ah give it to me give it to me now
2004-08-24, 4:31 AM #1
Anyone heard of these guys? Mates of the State is their name, and bouncy 80s-type music is their game. I suggest checking them out at matesofthestate.com. Have fun, and tell me what you think. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-24, 6:02 AM #2
Ohhh, I've heard of these guys. I have the song "Ha Ha", and it's pretty good. The vocals are really good, but I think the keyboard is too bouncy. Very fast pop rock!

------------------
l Space Colony Inc. l Phoenix Suburban City l Dereliction l Camp Marshall l
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-08-24, 9:06 AM #3
Someone else posted a thread about them here a while ago.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-08-24, 11:18 AM #4
Seriously? And Whelly, you wouldn't happen to know someone named 'squid' would you? He's the one that introduced me to them.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-24, 1:15 PM #5
I really like them. I was at a music store a while ago, the first time I have ever been there, and I saw one of thier CDs, and I was very suprised, so I bought it right there. Oddly enough, it was put there about a half an hour before I bought it.

All this talk has made me put the CD on. Yay.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-08-24, 3:35 PM #6
Your topic reminded me of the last RvB PSA about the internet. I love that one.

------------------
Put me in the hospital for nerves and then they had to commit me,
You told them all I was crazy,
They cut off my legs now I'm an amputee, God damn you.
============
Frogblast the Vent-Core!
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-08-24, 3:45 PM #7
The guy who first posted the thread was really into emo music, so I didn't really check them out. I figured this would just be another of those bands. But bouncy 80's music is something I love, so I guess I will check them out.

------------------
All you need is love.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-08-24, 5:15 PM #8
It's the epitome of bouncy 80s music. Awesome stuff. Seriously, just sitting here listening to "Ha Ha" is more fun than anything else.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-08-25, 12:56 PM #9
Nah, I don't know anyone named Squid. Ha Ha is an awesome song though... I've been listening to it a lot. Did you know there's only two people in the band, and they're married? It would be cool to make music with your wife.

------------------
l Space Colony Inc. l Phoenix Suburban City l Dereliction l Camp Marshall l
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2004-08-25, 8:10 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Whelly:
Nah, I don't know anyone named Squid. Ha Ha is an awesome song though... I've been listening to it a lot. Did you know there's only two people in the band, and they're married? It would be cool to make music with your wife.

</font>

Yeah he was telling me about that, squid. You should talk to him. You'd probably like him, and vice versa. You got mail.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!