Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → A happy new owner
A happy new owner
2004-09-02, 10:49 AM #1
http://www.adadepot.com/adagear/gearpages/preamps/ADA-MP-1.htm

This baby is now mine. For those who don't know this is a preamp made in 1988ish. the Mp-1 was used by many many rock/metal bands of the 80's. Metallica used it, as well as Paul Gilbert (Mr. Big, Racer X). and Now I'm using it. the tone is godly. two tubes with 4 gain stages. midi control, a clean tube voicing. a solid state voicing. It's wonderous. and so versatile.

Also discontinued and really hard to find. =D but I own it now. rejoice for me.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-09-02, 1:24 PM #2
not really that hard to find... just not cheap

now all you really need is a good direct box unless that has cabinet modeling on it... i can't remember if they do or not

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-09-02, 1:33 PM #3
Pretty.

------------------
"I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be." -Janis Joplin
2004-09-03, 1:35 AM #4
Really hard to find HERE. and I've got a good poweramp to plug it into. and this poweramp goes into my 4x12 cab. so no problem for cabinet simulation.

------------------
Wake up, rise and shine, Gotta take another pint, Dig heads and watch out for the night.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-09-03, 3:31 PM #5
now all you need is a better mic then... or a good direct box
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-09-04, 12:42 PM #6
Good times, Seb :D I can't wait until I get my new guitar... I'll keep on holding out with my RG450 for now :(
2004-09-04, 1:21 PM #7
When they say phone jack, I assume they don't mean telephone... right?
2004-09-04, 1:26 PM #8
No they don't. I guess Phone jack is a nickname for the standard 1/4' jack.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-09-04, 1:29 PM #9
Figured as much, though I was thrown off by that at first.

I need a guitar... :(
2004-09-04, 3:18 PM #10
Sexay
2004-09-04, 3:41 PM #11
Yeah MP-1s are nice, and they're moddable. Just don't screw it up like I did mine and have to spend forever finding what's broken.

Metallica's use of the MP-1 was pretty short-lived, but the most notable use is that the MP-1 was used as a preamp along with the Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ power section for most of the tones.

Paul Gilbert's was a big endorser, as was Nuno Bettencourt.

It's a nice, versatile, cheap ($120 USD for a great all tube preamp) guitar preamp.
Capitalization
Commas
Periods
Question Marks
Apostrophes
Confusable Words
Plague Words

↑ Up to the top!