Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → men with mics!
men with mics!
2006-04-28, 4:11 PM #1
Quote:
I am in need of help. I am working on composing my first CD for Digital Composition and Synthesis Class.
Anyways the first track "Inception" needs some help. I need ramblings, mutterings, and rantings. The more out of context the better. I need as many 10- 90 second clips as I can get. Is there any chance you could con some folk into recording some clips in WAV, or AFI format? Microsoft Recorder, or any other program along those lines work great. Sound quality is not an issue, cheap microphones are actually better then expensive ones in this case.

The clips should be as random as possible, no one is to record anything pertaining to anything they or anyone else recorded with a few exceptions: A few tracks should (but not all) mention the phrases "Edible Orphan," "The Orphaniage" the "Project" or mentioning a beginning of some kind, however they do not (read should not) need to relate to each, or be coherent on any of those subjects other at all. The do not need to be the main topic, just included. also I would like as many recordings of the phrase: "I hate my door, the earth is Round I hate my round door" as I can get (it's my favorite.) No movie quotes, Catch phrases, song lyrics, poems (unless they are original and you don't mind me using them,) or anything that has a recognizable origin, just pure spontaneous chaos. I don't know how many clips I will use, but the more the better.

PS: The eventual plan

The eventual plan is to start a band off the project, but I will need to proove to myself that my mixxing is good enouph.The concept of the band is that at no time will the members ever practice with each other or preform live. A member will start a song and share it with a member they think can add to it, how ever give that member no instruction or ideas in what way to add to it. When they are done it will be sent on it's way to another member, until someone thinks it is complete. They 'finished' track will be shared with the rest of the band and if anyone thinks it needs more they can work on it. Of course that is the plan for later. I am officialu calling it "Edible Orphan" (some of you will get it, some won't)

come on peoples! WE NEEDZ SOME RANTZ FOR MY FRIEND
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-04-28, 6:15 PM #2
MILLENIUM HAND AND SHRIMP

↑ Up to the top!