Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Stadium Arcadium
Stadium Arcadium
2006-05-08, 7:44 AM #1
Well, I like it.

Awesome riffs, nice mix of funky and soothing. 28 tracks for hardly any monnays. Bargain.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-05-08, 10:42 AM #2
Awesome, I'm planning on buying it.

Too bad it only comes out tomorrow.
2006-05-08, 11:50 AM #3
I bought it two days ago. The music store had it on display by accident. Oops. I really like it. It ranks pretty high up there. It's a lot more like their older music, and a bit less like 'By The Way' (Which wasn't a bad album at all, it was just a bit mellow for my taste). It's a must have in my opinion.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-05-08, 12:35 PM #4
I really liked By The Way, because of its mellowness.

What I like about Stadium Arcadium is that it mixes the mellow of By The Way (the song style is generally most similar to By The Way) with some more funky bits. It's a good mix of styles and restrains from staying in a single style for too long.
Flickr Twitter
2006-05-08, 12:54 PM #5
i heard the new single, wasnt too keen
2006-05-08, 1:09 PM #6
I've only heard the new single, and I hate it. But I kind of like the video.
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2006-05-08, 2:16 PM #7
Luckily through my industry contracts, I managed to receive an advance copy. Now, before I go on, it's important to note that before listening to Stadium Arcadium I had never listened to an entire Peppers album, along with only a few songs. I don't want to say too much before I write something up on the album, but I think it's something special.
It is easily one of the better double albums I know of, just for the pure quality of the material. The problem is though, that there are still too many songs at 28. There is never a good reason for churning out a double album when a single will do. This could have been one of, if not the best records of the year as a single album automatically. It still has a shot, just because the record is still damn good, but those flaws keep it from reaching the highest pinnacle. This is a very accessible record, and it's one of those albums that I could see invoking many different reactions among the listeners. There will be a lot of differnt favorite tracks, mark my words.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-05-09, 1:25 AM #8
It gets two thumbs up and an enthusiastic crotch thrust from me.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-05-09, 10:08 AM #9
I've never really been a RHCP fan, but I've liked what I've heard from this album. It's not that I disliked RHCP, I just never liked what I had heard by them enough to buy an album. Maybe I'll pick this one up.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-05-10, 12:00 AM #10
I heard that new single, that's all. It sounds alot like some of their other stuff, so I wasn't too impressed. They have a great atmosphere but I've heard it all before.

People need to start doing new things with music, not the same lame crap over and over again.
2006-05-10, 2:58 AM #11
There are plenty of people doing new things with music. A lot of it is really annoying. :p

(I'm not going to comment on the album because I haven't listened to it and don't plan on listening to it)
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-05-10, 6:28 AM #12
Originally posted by Delphian:
I heard that new single, that's all. It sounds alot like some of their other stuff, so I wasn't too impressed. They have a great atmosphere but I've heard it all before.

People need to start doing new things with music, not the same lame crap over and over again.

Music evolves over time, whenever people attempt drastic changes it usually sucks.

Chilis have changed dramatically over time, just compare their recent stuff with their first album. I don't even like their old stuff, but their new stuff is awesome.
Flickr Twitter
2006-05-10, 7:34 AM #13
I think the cd is really good. I really enjoy the guitar playing on it. Enough said from me :em321:
2006-05-10, 5:17 PM #14
i like your mum too.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-05-10, 5:45 PM #15
Originally posted by Delphian:

What direction would you like to see taken as a whole?

Do you want the lyrical subjects to change? Do you want no lyrics?

Do you want to move away from the pop song structure? Back to writing preludes and fugues?

Want to change from 12 step even temperament?

Want to move away from guitar based music?

Want to move away from pop recording arrangements (vocal centric)?

But there are people doing all of these things already. They naturally aren't pop musicians because, well, none of that is popular. So do you want odd music to becoem popular? Because it won't.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-05-16, 4:38 PM #16
I must say RHCP has the best bassist ever. EVER. That's another reason I love RHCP. So many of their songs are carried by the bass, not the guitar.
2006-05-16, 5:04 PM #17
Originally posted by Spook:
What direction would you like to see taken as a whole?

Do you want the lyrical subjects to change? Do you want no lyrics?

Do you want to move away from the pop song structure? Back to writing preludes and fugues?

Want to change from 12 step even temperament?

Want to move away from guitar based music?

Want to move away from pop recording arrangements (vocal centric)?

But there are people doing all of these things already. They naturally aren't pop musicians because, well, none of that is popular. So do you want odd music to becoem popular? Because it won't.

Exactly. Just because you don't hear it on the radio or in NOW that's what I call Music! Doesn't mean people aren't doing it. :p
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-05-16, 5:11 PM #18
I've listened to the song Charlie too much...

http://koran.ytmnd.com/
2006-05-16, 5:44 PM #19
Flea's good, but he's not that good, I don't even play bass but i've heard bassists far better.
Flickr Twitter
2006-05-17, 10:05 AM #20
Originally posted by Detty:
Flea's good, but he's not that good, I don't even play bass but i've heard bassists far better.

Listen to him live, he's ****ing incredible. Of course there's better, but he's still amazing.

↑ Up to the top!