Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → MIDI blues
MIDI blues
2006-05-11, 12:09 PM #1
There is probably an small chance that anyone here can help me, but it's worth a shoot, I thinks I need to be looking everywehre.

I have a relatively old Roland EM-303 synthesizer. I want to use it for a controller for Reason. My computer doesn't see it at all. I have it through one of those serial Y splitter things so you can still plug a joystick in.

I remember this keyboard being a ***** even when we first got it, but don't remember why. So if anyone has any ideas I would really appreaciate it.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-05-11, 2:08 PM #2
Have you tried restarting or using the Add New Hardware thing in Control Panel? Unless it's USB, it probably won't detect it right when you plug it in.
2006-05-11, 7:59 PM #3
Set the keyboard to transmit MIDI on any channel, and in Reason choose MPU as the MIDI device, with the channel selected on the keyboard itself. This is from memory, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There's no drivers to install or anything. A MIDI device plugged in via a MIDI port, such as your keyboard plugged into the joystick port, doesn't require a driver. It's just transmiting MIDI note data, which is standard across all MIDI devices.
2006-05-11, 8:59 PM #4
Originally posted by Shintock:
Set the keyboard to transmit MIDI on any channel, and in Reason choose MPU as the MIDI device, with the channel selected on the keyboard itself. This is from memory, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There's no drivers to install or anything. A MIDI device plugged in via a MIDI port, such as your keyboard plugged into the joystick port, doesn't require a driver. It's just transmiting MIDI note data, which is standard across all MIDI devices.

Thank you very much, you got me where I needed to be.
Epstein didn't kill himself.

↑ Up to the top!