Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → post your
post your
2006-05-13, 11:40 AM #1
favorite dream theater songs. I am trying to get into them because people say they rock. So i have acquired every song they have ever produced. Tell me which ones to listen to, I have them all.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-05-13, 11:56 AM #2
Pull Me Under
Another Day
Wait For Sleep
Learning To Live
Overture 1928
Fatal Tragedy
Through Her Eyes
Home
One Last Time
The Spirit Carries On
Finally Free
A Change of Seasons
Answer Lies Within
These Walls
I Walk Beside You
Never Enough
Sacrificed Sons
Octavarium

These are the easily accessible ones, not necessarily the good ones. These are the ones I like because they're not as heavy as the rest. Pretty much all their stuff is good but for the rest I think you have to like Dream Theater first.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-05-13, 12:20 PM #3
Dream Theater is a cover band. But anyway:

Overture 1928
About to Crash
About to Crash (Reprise)
The Spirit Carries On
2006-05-14, 4:29 PM #4
wait, what? Dream theater is not a cover band to my knowledge. Ive looked around to see if you are correct and can find nothing on it, even on wikipedia and their website. I dont see how its possible to make like 8 albums of covers.

Can someone clarify?
2006-05-14, 5:52 PM #5
Don't worry, Vinny is just being silly.
Flickr Twitter
2006-05-14, 10:04 PM #6
Ok :)

Wait for sleep is my absolute favorite right now. Probably my favorite song out of everything I have (at the moment). Anymore like this that are acoustic and melodic? I would listen them all but i have about 160 songs.
2006-05-15, 2:15 AM #7
Through Her Eyes
The Spirit Carries On

Quite a lot of the album Octavarium is fairly balladic, including large sections of Octavarium itself.
Flickr Twitter

↑ Up to the top!