Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → So I saw Muse on Monday
So I saw Muse on Monday
2006-08-02, 6:13 PM #1
Recently discovered the group and got to go to the show with a really hot chick that I really dig. :cool:

The show was incredible! We waited 5 hours to get in, got places front row center, had the mosh pit behind us squishing the **** out of us. Some 300-pound fat latino chick kept jabbing me in the ribs but that's okay cause the stupid ***** wound up getting elbowed in the face. It ****ing rained hard, but these guys rocked harder. Most of their setlist was from their last two albums, Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations. These boys have some serious talent, anyone who enjoys prog rock (Rush, for example), might want to check them out.

Most importantly, they played "Knights of Cydonia," ****, I love that song. :D "Butterflies and Hurricanes," "Exo-politics," "Acpocalypse Please," "Stockholm Syndrome," "Supermassive Black Hole," and plenty more. It kicked serious ****ing ***.

The singer has these really ****ed up guitars, custom Manson Tele-style, chrome-plated, with something that looks like a Korg Khaos Pad built it. Funky ****.

Damn this forum for being down when I wanted to post this. :psyduck:
2006-08-02, 6:41 PM #2
I like them but they tend to get quite repetitive and the vocals have started to bore me (I appreciate the talent, but it's like he's only capable of singing in one specific way). I also tend to be a bit put off by bands getting overly political, mostly because of the effect it has on fans.

The gig sounds like it was great though
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-08-02, 9:14 PM #3
I love Muse even if the guy only writes 3 kinds of songs.

I almost got a chance to see them this Sunday but my free tix fell through. :(
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-08-03, 3:00 AM #4
I'd give my left testicle if Muse would just announce an Australian tour. Lefty and righty for tickets.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-08-03, 5:09 AM #5
bah, i'm seeing them at the end of the month, tis a shame they arent playing much stuff from my favourite two albums.
2006-08-04, 11:21 PM #6
Rush wasn't progressive rock last time I checked...
I mean songs like Tom Sawyer, and Limelight really sound more "classic rock" then anything.
2006-08-05, 5:26 AM #7
wrong
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-08-05, 8:25 AM #8
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
I mean songs like Tom Sawyer, and Limelight really sound more "classic rock" then anything.

Yeah, very wrong.

They got more mainstream later on, but late 70s early 80s Rush were right up there with Pink Floyd, Genesis, Yes etc. defining prog rock.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-08-05, 3:17 PM #9
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:

YOU LOSE.

If YYZ isn't prog rock, then I don't know what is.
2006-08-07, 6:39 PM #10
since them twice :D

great shows
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"

↑ Up to the top!