Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → My fingers :(
My fingers :(
2006-10-03, 10:35 PM #1
I've been practicing my bass a lot and now my fingers are full of blisters. I want to practice but it hurts! Quick solutions?
Think while it's still legal.
2006-10-03, 10:41 PM #2
This is all I can suggest.

http://www.webmd.com/hw/skin_and_beauty/aa67552.asp

Quote:
* Avoid wearing the shoes or doing the activity that caused the blister until the blister heals.
:P
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-10-03, 10:42 PM #3
Grow callous. Ive heard soaking hands in sal****er aids this.. but ive never bothered since I'm around sal****er all the time anyway.

o.0
2006-10-03, 11:16 PM #4
sal****er....

I can't figure that one out >.<
2006-10-04, 12:42 AM #5
salt water.

o.0
2006-10-04, 12:44 AM #6
I've never experienced actually having blisters on your fingertips (I'm assuming that that's where they are). My callouses simply developed once my fingers found out that guitar playing would be a regular thing.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2006-10-04, 8:23 AM #7
I've heard that soaking your fingertips in vinegar helps harden the skin too.
nope.
2006-10-04, 9:24 AM #8
bend strings. it'll rip the fingers to shreds and grow callouses real fast -and- strenghten your finger.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-10-04, 3:58 PM #9
Wait, you've been playing bass for how long, and you still don't have calluses? Were you a picker before or something?
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-10-04, 4:12 PM #10
It isn't my right hand, it's my left hand. I came up with a bass line that involves a lot of slides and after practicing it way too many times my index and middle fingers both have big nasty blisters on them.
2006-10-04, 4:13 PM #11
Prosthetic finger, it'll never blister :ninja:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-10-04, 4:46 PM #12
it happens, that's how you grow callouses.

i remember when i was playing an opeth song in my early years i cursed the octave slides to hell. but it did give me fingers of steel.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-10-04, 10:16 PM #13
*sigh*

I can't say as I've ever gotten blisters, but whenever I decide to dust off the ole gitt-ar, my fingers get pretty sore. I just play through it. It goes away after about a week.. (and then shortly thereafter I stop playing and the callouses go away and I restart the cycle).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-10-06, 5:56 AM #14
Sounds like you need to play more often. :P If you play enough, you'll never get blisters again.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I

↑ Up to the top!