Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → New Explosions in the Sky song!
New Explosions in the Sky song!
2006-11-20, 4:54 PM #1
They're streaming a new song from their new album, All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone, coming out in February. The song is "Welcome, Ghosts". It sounds pretty good so far... February is so far away. :(

http://www.punknews.org/bands/explosionsinthesky (it's a flash player... sorry).
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2006-11-20, 7:54 PM #2
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2006-11-20, 8:30 PM #3
*deep breath*

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-11-30, 9:29 PM #4
Cool. I hope with the advent of their songs to the Friday Night Lights (show) soundtrack, they hit it big this time. They deserve it.

It definitely sounds as if they've finally come into their own with both this song and those from Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Die, Those Who Tell The Truth Shall Live Forever. I also like that the sound is different, yet somehow the same. EitS seems good at reinventing themselves while still maintaining their special charm.

I'm excited--a new album from them AND Modest Mouse in the same month...very excited.
D E A T H
2006-12-01, 6:39 AM #5
It sounds pleasant enough, but i'm not sure when i'd ever listen to it. The melody makes it seem like it should be a relaxing tune, but the percussion kind of stops that, makes it seem like it should be more of a soundtrack tune than a listening tune.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-12-03, 9:24 PM #6
That's what EITS is all about... cinematic instrumental guitar pieces fused with explosive post-rock. Actually, they make some of best relaxing, emotional pieces of music I've ever heard. I recommend checking out "Your Hand In Mine (w/ strings)" and "The Only Moment We Were Alone".
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."

↑ Up to the top!