Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → The saturday jam
The saturday jam
2007-02-03, 11:09 PM #1
so i have this little band that jams for ****s and giggles on saturday nights. we've been togheter since december and have been working on a few tough covers. i finally got some recordings so i figure i'd share with you guys. the solo guitar is me. the rythm is one of my students, drums is a good buddy of mine. same for the bass. it's still all very early, but this is recorded live from our rehearsing room after several beers and stuff so it's pretty messy at times, but very kickass at other times. recorded with only two apex condenser mics.

this is our second jam with singers so they're iffy, but it'll get worked out.

[mp3]http://sbe.andrewingram.net/sonotheque/inferno.mp3[/mp3]
Symphony X - Inferno. not done yet. but it's very very near completion. i jammed the second solo, i know it's definitely not close to the real one, gotta learn it this week.

[mp3]http://sbe.andrewingram.net/sonotheque/king.mp3[/mp3]
Racer X - King of the monsters

getting there, ****ed up one or two licks, but it's mostly the bass and rythm guitars that need to work on their parts

[mp3]http://sbe.andrewingram.net/sonotheque/letthe.mp3[/mp3]
Racer X - Let the spirit fly

so far so good. vocals needing work mostly. but the rest i really like. we only used Godin guitars and bass on this one. funky :D an Exit 22 (mine) and a triumph (rythm)

[mp3]http://sbe.andrewingram.net/sonotheque/super.mp3[/mp3]
Racer X - Superheroes

a killer. i gotta work out one or two kinks in the solo, but i'm mostly happy with how it came out considering how drunk i might've been. vocals are meh. but that's gonna be worked on

have fun ripping me and my crappy band. but try and do better ;) i'm already aware of all the flaws and working on fixing them this week. but it's still a fun jam and you can definitely feel the chemistery and energy we have as a band. at least i can. and that's what matters.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2007-02-03, 11:16 PM #2
Nicely done! The drummer wavers in tempo a little more than I'd like, and the recording quality's kinda bleh but you covered that sooo

Yeah it's really slick. You gots the magic fingers ;)
2007-02-04, 8:52 AM #3
also. i forgot to mention. nobody has any amps. my guitar tone is my preamp to the board and out of a PV115 PA speaker. same for the other guitar and the bass. proof that you don't need a 4x12 cab to play in a band setting. ;)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2007-02-05, 2:30 AM #4
That is freaking tight, man. Inferno suffers a little from lack of keys though. :P
By the way, what tuning do you play that song in?

Good to see you getting stuck in and playing some Gilbert. I love that guy.

And also, what are you talking about, "crappy band"? Everyone's totally in the pocket. Except maybe the vocalist(s).
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2007-02-05, 9:14 AM #5
Haha. This stuff is awesome. Too bad the only things you can hear are the guitar and drums. I wish I could play guitar like you. Seriously, the work on Inferno is amazing to me. You can barely hear the singers, but it's not that big of a deal really.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2007-02-05, 10:02 PM #6
as long as this stuff inspires you to get practicing! it's really worth it. need i remind you it's only my fifth year of guitar altogheter. metronome dudes.

the bass direly needs new strings, the treble was all the way up and the bass all the way down on the bass track and this is still all you get. we still gotta make some things work better though.
"NAILFACE" - spe

↑ Up to the top!