Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Year Zero
Year Zero
2007-04-17, 10:21 PM #1
I'm sure anyone who has been waiting for it heard it a couple weeks ago either when it leaked or when the entire album was put up on http://yearzero.nin.com/ but anyway, today was the official release date. Anyone have any comments? I'm interested to see what people think, I imagine opinions are going to be split.

Also, thermochrome CD = win.
2007-04-17, 10:28 PM #2
I liked it, but not nearly as much as With Teeth. It almost seemed like all the fans complained so much about how With Teeth wasn't noisy enough that this one reverted all the way back to the noisiest it could be. I preferred it the way With Teeth was...but I'm weird like that. It was still very good.
Warhead[97]
2007-04-17, 10:30 PM #3
I don't really like it, but then again I've never been able to get into NIN.
2007-04-17, 10:33 PM #4
I wasn't one of the people who hated W_T, but I've got to say I enjoyed Year Zero much more. I wouldn't say it reverts to the "old NIN", it really feels like a mix of old, new, and something else. Very experimental and interesting.

I don't know if you guys followed the ARG at all, but that really adds a lot to the experience.

[edit]Sorry, forgot there was a music forum.
2007-04-17, 11:09 PM #5
I definitely like the fact that he's going for a more electronic sound. The Great Destroyer has become one of my favorite NIN tracks. I'm especially glad Reznor didn't just revert to 'tortured artist' mode when With Teeth (which I liked a lot, by the way) got **** on.

Now if they'd only do some touring on this continent...
2007-04-18, 3:16 PM #6
Originally posted by Primate:
I definitely like the fact that he's going for a more electronic sound. The Great Destroyer has become one of my favorite NIN tracks. I'm especially glad Reznor didn't just revert to 'tortured artist' mode when With Teeth (which I liked a lot, by the way) got **** on.

Now if they'd only do some touring on this continent...

I like the electronic tendency as well. Most NIN fans seem to dislike Pretty Hate Machine, but it has always been one of my favorites.

As I said above, I really liked W_T, but I think the main problem people had with it is it didn't live up to their expectations after six years.

↑ Up to the top!