Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → RX Bandits, Men Women and Children, and Nurses
RX Bandits, Men Women and Children, and Nurses
2007-11-15, 1:07 PM #1
Once again I cannot put into words how incredible of a show this was.

It was quite a small venue, not even half the size of places Ive seen RX Bandits sell out.

The first band was called something like Mrs Skanato or something. See the clever placement of "Ska" in the name? Yea they were pretty much terrible. The mix was horrible too. Thankfully after 5 songs they were done.

Nurses were up next and just as they started I overheard a short stocky guy say "What the **** is this ****!" as he stormed off. Well **** it was not!
They were a much welcome change from the first band. It took them a few songs, but their sound built up and their style began to really show. Most notably they broke out a slide whistle with some "interesting" vocals.
http://www.myspace.com/nurses

Men, Women, and Children stormed the stage next. Sadly they werent able to hook up their neon lights or bubble machines, but they still rocked the house. They started with Vowels which was followed by Monkey Men and Lightning strikes twice in New York. They played two new songs that were pretty amazing. Im fairly certain that most of the crowd had never heard them before but they all seemed to like the band.
http://www.myspace.com/menwomenandchildren

I could probably go on forever about how amazing RX Bandits are. If you haven't heard of them or heard their songs, I REALLY recommend them. The lights turned on and Matt Embree was at the mic and he said "Hello Rochester, I want to try something different tonight. Do you mind? No? Good." And with that they broke into Decrescendo, a song they usually close with.
The setlist went like this:
decresendo
in her drawer
consequential apathy
taking chase as the serpent slithers
only for the night
one million miles an hour, fast asleep
and the battle begun
infection
overcome
sell you beautiful
to our unborn daughters

Only for the Night has an awesome drum part in it where 2 other people come on stage with a smaller set of drums and they do their thing for about a minute. Not last night though, they extended that drum part for like 3 minutes, followed by an incredible guitar breakdown! There was teeth playing and improvising and so many things that just made it amazing. The addition of them playing Infection was pretty cool too, they never really play stuff that old.
Unfortunately To Our Unborn daughters was the last song of the night, but what a song to end on. The end of the song, or what I thought was the end, was followed by a small improvised bit. Then they played the end again, so I figured the song was ending, but then they played it slow. And then the real end came and it shook the earth.

(To our unborn daughters / bonaroo)

I guess the only real way to understand the amount of energy they have is to go see them. Even if you only kind of like them, seeing them live is worth it.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-15, 9:24 PM #2
Originally posted by mb:
Nurses were up next and just as they started I overheard a short stocky guy say "What the **** is this ****!" as he stormed off.

I bet he just came to hear Mrs Skanato and never even heard of the other bands. :v:

↑ Up to the top!