Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Metallica V.S. Megadeath
Metallica V.S. Megadeath
2007-11-27, 2:41 PM #1
First off, i know that noone likes or even listens to "METAL". Yet, unlike any other metal head, i actually recegnize and respect people, even if they dont think metal is the greatest, because if you havent guessed it by now, i LOVE metal. Yet i listen to other music too, Lab Animals, and NIne Inch Nails are some of my fav's. My point is, even tho you may not "LIKE" either of thease bands, which one do you like better? If you really want to get that indepth with it, look up some songs on youtube. Look at metallica's old stuff and Megadeath. I know poeple dont reallt like this kind of thing, but i want to know. Who is better, and whoes side would you take?

:hist101:
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2007-11-27, 8:12 PM #2
You spelled Megadeth wrong.

Megadeth always seemed a little more creative to me, but it also seemed like they never knew when to stop. I'm not really sure how to explain that. Props to Megadeth for maintaining their style throughout the years while Metallica ruined theirs, but Metallica's old stuff simply can't be beaten.
2007-11-27, 9:13 PM #3
Originally posted by RingMaster481:
Props to Megadeth for maintaining their style throughout the years while Metallica ruined theirs, but Metallica's old stuff simply can't be beaten.

this
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2007-11-28, 12:26 AM #4
loads of people here like metal.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2007-11-28, 1:24 AM #5
Iced Earth
2007-11-28, 1:33 AM #6
nightwish >_>

o.0
2007-11-28, 5:02 AM #7
Infact at least half the forum likes metal.
nope.
2007-11-28, 11:30 AM #8
Originally posted by Baconfish:
Infact at least half the forum likes metal.

When ever i bring up something like that i get shunned and pushed aside and mocked, so i assumed that most people dident like it because noone ever defended it....

I like Black Metal from Norway and Death Metal from the US.

Slayer is an auto fav tho......
2007-11-28, 12:07 PM #9
meh im not really into the whole Black/Death Metal thing... their vocals suck to much and it gets on my nerves

now pure/power metal is where its at :awesome:
2007-11-28, 12:09 PM #10
Power metal is only good if its REAL power metal. Blind Gaurdian, Synphony X, Hammerfall, Heavenly, Disection is like Black Power metal. **** bands like "Dragonforce"
2007-11-28, 12:46 PM #11
Dragonforce is pretty much amazing. Amazing, unlike Slayer.
Think while it's still legal.
2007-11-28, 1:35 PM #12
Originally posted by SAJN:
Dragonforce is pretty much amazing. Amazing, unlike Slayer.

Well why dont you go do a CD review on them to satisfy yourself
2007-11-28, 3:35 PM #13
http://www.purevolume.com/betweentheburiedandme

i wonder if that counts as metal
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2007-11-28, 5:27 PM #14
indeed... the only Death Metal i listen to is like Ensiferum and Kalmah.. but they are also Folk Metal which is awesome
2007-11-28, 6:58 PM #15
Opeth, Arch Enemy, and In Flames are some of my favorites.
2007-11-28, 8:09 PM #16
Originally posted by mb:
http://www.purevolume.com/betweentheburiedandme

i wonder if that counts as metal

There more HardCoar, but yah still metal and awesome. The cool kids call them B. T. Bam
2007-11-28, 8:46 PM #17
i suppose next your gonna say that Buckethead isn't metal.

o.0
2007-11-28, 8:57 PM #18
Originally posted by Greenboy:
i suppose next your gonna say that Buckethead isn't metal.

No bucket head is not metal.....BUCKET HEAD IS TE ****!!!!! Hands down the GREATESt guitarist that has and will ever live, EVER. I just HATE people, (ANd by NO means am i pointing this at you "Greenboy", who saw buckethead on guitar hero and automaticlly think that they are the biggest bucket head fan ever and that they have been listenning to him for years. On another subject, that song he did with serj form system was amazing, not his best but still good. Bucket head is more metal than ozzy or motorhead's Lemmy (and thats pretty metal)

:psyduck: <-- PhyDuck is pretty metal too, so is he --> :tfti:
2007-11-28, 9:09 PM #19
no buckethead is metal.

also colonel claypools bucket of bernie brains is awesome stuff

i discovered buckethead through primus/les claypool

o.0
2007-11-28, 11:03 PM #20
Demons and Wizards is the shiz.. guitarist from Iced Earth and Vocalist from Blind Guardian.. oh yeahhhhhhhh... what more could you want?
2007-11-28, 11:15 PM #21
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
No bucket head is not metal.....BUCKET HEAD IS TE ****!!!!! Hands down the GREATESt guitarist that has and will ever live, EVER. I just HATE people, (ANd by NO means am i pointing this at you "Greenboy", who saw buckethead on guitar hero and automaticlly think that they are the biggest bucket head fan ever and that they have been listenning to him for years.

OMG SOMEONE HEARD A SONG AND LIKED IT HOW DARE THEM.

Grow up.... You are not theo nly one that listens to metal. Tons of people listen to it. You are not a loner or a rebel because of it. So what if they heard a song through Guitar hero and liked it?

Sure I understand when someone pretends they've been listening to a band "4evarrr" its obnoxious, but stop with your pointing fingers about who are posers.
2007-11-29, 1:26 AM #22
Originally posted by mb:
OMG SOMEONE HEARD A SONG AND LIKED IT HOW DARE THEM.

Grow up.... You are not theo nly one that listens to metal. Tons of people listen to it. You are not a loner or a rebel because of it. So what if they heard a song through Guitar hero and liked it?

Sure I understand when someone pretends they've been listening to a band "4evarrr" its obnoxious, but stop with your pointing fingers about who are posers.

ska is for poserfaces :colbert:

o.0
2007-11-29, 6:34 AM #23
BANNED!
2007-11-29, 10:09 AM #24
No bucket head is not metal.....

...Yes he is, he's just not repetive drop-D chugathon with screaming about unicorns.
nope.
2007-11-29, 1:13 PM #25
Originally posted by MysteriousSith:
Demons and Wizards is the shiz.. guitarist from Iced Earth and Vocalist from Blind Guardian.. oh yeahhhhhhhh... what more could you want?

John Schafer hes awesome, he started Demon's and Wisards.

Mp, im not saying that you cant hear something and like it, i discover new music every day, and i dont think it matters where its from, but that your honest about it. If you discover a new band from guitar hero or wherever cool, just dont think they are totally underground and that youve been listenning to them for years. Thats all im saying. And about being a rebel with listenning to metal, i WISH more people listenned to metal, that way id have something to talk about with people and that i wouldent have to defend it all the time.

On "Metal" in general, really, metal is just an opinoin. Metal is for you to define, and not someone else. Everyone has there own view's on what is or what isint. The whole "Sub-gern" is even more so.
:hist101:

In the end, my point is that primus is the ****, best bass player ever. Poetry and prose is one of the best songs ever. Yes thats right the bevid and butthead song
2007-11-29, 2:48 PM #26
I say megadeth for keeping their sound.

Metal is full of idiots. i'm kinda ashamed to still love this music to death, but whatever.

buckethead isn't the greatest. ever heard of kiko loureiro, and good old paul gilbert too.

and as far as bass goes, you probably haven't heard billy sheehan. dave larue is pretty kickin' too.

i could go on for miles. my bands these days are Angra (kiko's band) Arcturus, and then a ****load of fusion and jazz rock and stuff. i'm ****ed up.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2007-11-29, 8:21 PM #27
I recently discovered Van Halen.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2007-11-29, 8:47 PM #28
No bucket head is not metal.....BUCKET HEAD IS TE ****!!!!! Hands down the GREATESt guitarist that has and will ever live, EVER.

Even Buckethead would probably admit he's nothing compared to Hendrix.
2007-11-30, 1:56 AM #29
Buckethead has a few hendrix covers on some live bootlegs. They're pretty awesome. Especially machine gun.
Also, I love buckethead cause he does such random ****. Skits at whatnot in songs.

o.0
2007-11-30, 11:34 AM #30
O also vibe on music like S.O.A.D. and Buckethead, for that same reason. They are so random and dont care what people are expecting form them, they do what they want to. That is why i like it so much. And me saying that bucethead and the guy from primus are the best at what they do is, obviously, an opinion. Me personlly i understand that hendrix is very important to all music and such, but personally i dont vibe on most of his music. Some i love, yet others are less.....

↑ Up to the top!