Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Yet another what guitar to buy thread!
Yet another what guitar to buy thread!
2008-02-07, 6:45 PM #1
This is sort of partly to see what you blokes would go for with my budget.

Anyway It's my 18th a week on saturday and I've been asked if I would like a new acoustic guitar by my parents, ofcourse my answer is hell yes. With what they've given me and what I'm able to spare at the moment, I have a budget of £350 so roughly $700 US.

What would you blokes look into for that budget?
nope.
2008-02-07, 7:25 PM #2
What brands are available locally?

I really like my Tacoma guitar, but I dunno if they do international. I'd go to music stores and play everything in the price range. Pick the one you like best. Other than that, make sure its solid wood. Plywood sucks. There are quite a few smaller acoustic companies that sell around here, they tend to be better value than big brands like martin or gibson.

o.0
2008-02-07, 9:28 PM #3
I have a blueridge br-60. It looks and sounds amazing. Also you cant go wrong with 12-strings. If your looking at something mid range id suggest a cort. They are best bang for buck.
Take that there and put it in here
2008-02-07, 9:51 PM #4
you can totally go wrong with 12 strings. They're completely different to play. :/

o.0
2008-02-07, 11:39 PM #5
Not really. Some songs work on them some don't. I think they are brilliant.
Take that there and put it in here
2008-02-08, 4:49 AM #6
Oh greenboy I know all this, I'm more just interested in what everyone else would look at for the price range to be honest.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!