Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsMusic Discussion and Showcase → Recent music you've obtained
Recent music you've obtained
2009-01-02, 1:57 AM #1
I thought it would quite intresting to have a music discussion thread about the recent music we've all bought and had bought for us, and comment on them.

Anyways the idea came to me as I was reading the recent purchases thread and I quoted something I posted on there some time ago. Finally got round to listening and viewing it:

Originally posted by Eddbanger:
(taken from recent purchases thread)
The Final Riot! by Paramore, decided to buy this as i've already got the band's both albums and yeah saw footage of em on youtube.. so it was an excuse to buy it.

I finally had decided to watch the DVD (well to test out the DVD feature on my Xbox 360) and is perhaps one of the best music DVDs i've viewed. Having already seen footage of Paramore playing live on youtube, so I kinda knew what to expect in that regard. But infairness i've seen a lot of live band footage, but this has to rank as some of the best. Paramore seemed to be up for it as soon as they hit the stage and you could tell straightaway that it would be great.

The live set had a lot of variety, especially an acostic verison of 'My Heart' which was pretty powerful to watch which practically raidiated onto the crowd. Hayley (bands frontwoman) also reverted to using a keyboard for two songs which kinda added a dimension to the set... the second being 'We Are Broken' (I had already seen footage of this being performed on the same tour) and was quite different (i'd been wondering how that particular song would be recorded live).

However as awesome as the live set was... the live performance was broken up, by the band talking about the tour itself and what it meant for them. Unlike many bands, Paramore seem to have this postive attitude to their music and most importantly fans. It was good insight, I wish that many more bands would do something similar. But if you happen to like music, i'd recommend this :)

Anyhow peeps, feel free to discuss any album or music DVD you've bought and share it here.

↑ Up to the top!