Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → My first attemp at a music video...
My first attemp at a music video...
2003-07-16, 7:20 AM #1
http://nervecore.org:800/mystuff/trunkstribute.zip

It weights in at about 50MBs. It uses the song "In The End" by Linkin Park and it features Trunks throughout the video trying to become a Super Sayijin(sp). The song goes so well with him.

I would like opinions on what you guys LIKED and DISLIKED about it. You also need DivX to watch it.

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX505Bundle.exe
Note: If you have Windows Media Player, you don't need to install the DivX Player, just the codec.

------------------
It is I! JKdude!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-07-16, 8:22 AM #2
Can't connect, so I can't comment on the video, but In The End is copyrighted and I'm not sure if that's legal.

------------------
I am Vinny.
2003-07-16, 8:44 AM #3
Vincent, His music vid is one of the 345,323,324 other LP music vids out there, they wont care.
2003-07-16, 12:39 PM #4
I don't think it's illegal as long as you don't try and sell it...
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2003-07-16, 2:31 PM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by matrixhacker:
Vincent, His music vid is one of the 345,323,324 other LP music vids out there, they wont care.</font>

Not just LP but DBZ as well. I'm sorry, I don't care how good it is--I've seen WAY too many of those!

------------------
Check out the following stories over at the Interactive Story Board:
The Never-ending Story Thread or visit the new webcomic version!
The Vision Cycle series
Featured Story: Ideal Nightmare

Quest into new worlds or question the deep parts (and not so deep parts) of life at Merlin's Citadel!
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2003-07-16, 3:59 PM #6
First off, get a better server. Nervecore is bad for files that large. I can't even connect.

Second off, not only did you use the single most widely used song in anime music videos, ever, but you also used DBZ. That's pretty much a sin in the AMV community.

Third off, you need to visit, enjoy, and participate at www.animemusicvideos.org

Fourth off, Divx doesn't make 50MB music videos unless you compressed it wrong. Use Divx 3.11Alpha, and use better compression techniques. No one in their right mind uses that spyware-filled spambot they call Divx5 in the AMV community. Or even better, use XviD. But not many people have that.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-07-16, 4:22 PM #7
1.) Thats pretty much the only place I could get to upload such a large file.

2.) I don't care what the AMV community likes or dislikes, I don't care if that song was over used, and I also don't know why anime fans hate DBZ so much. I can see why some dislikes it, but to hate it is rediculous. I mean theres so much energy and power and you just get so pumped when one of the characters is about to do something amazing. I'm not saying its the best anime, but I like it.

3.) I might but if they hate DBZ I'm not going to bother.

4.) There is a version of DviX that doesn't have spyware, it also doesn't use the lastest compression technics I know but I'm new at this. I had to use 512kbs, or the video would be almost un-veiwable. Agian, I'm new at this.

I could also show you a video by Dark Kami that would change your mind on how a that song and Dbz go together.

------------------
It is I! JKdude!
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2003-07-16, 4:36 PM #8
I don't think many people would argue that either the band or the series are bad, but it's just been REALLY over-done. If you want to do it for youself, go for it, otherwise...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2003-07-17, 11:32 PM #9
Your usage of the word "pumped" has brought back horrible memories of ninjas..fighting pirates...and like GETTING TOTALLY PUMPED AND PUNCHING PEOPLE IN THE FACE.

------------------
Warhead[97]

↑ Up to the top!