Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Website
Website
2003-07-24, 7:01 AM #1
Hi all. i'v hosted my own site now and its about 15% done, but i would like to get some opinions of it so far to find out what should be changed. the addy is http://www.mutestudios.50g.com/

currently only the menu and "about" buttons are active, but if u can tell me what you think so far it'd be appreciated.

thanx

------------------
2003-07-24, 7:34 AM #2
Snazzy interface, although that whirring noise could get a little bit irritating after a while. However, when I try to go anywhere, it redirects me back to the main page.

------------------
You'll just have to accept that some days you're the pigeon, and others the statue.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2003-07-24, 7:56 AM #3
like i said tho, only the "about" button is done, the others start the animation then loop back. I might change that sound in it too..

------------------
2003-07-24, 8:19 AM #4
Popups Gator downloads, BetterInternet downloads... your site host pisses me off.

------------------
S51

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
2003-07-24, 8:42 AM #5
pisses me off too, but luckily since its done in flash once u get to the swf file u dont get any more pop-ups

------------------
2003-07-24, 10:37 AM #6
Yea you do. Its called self-refreshing pop-unders, of which your site has one. It'll continuously open popups.

And get rid of the Enter stuff. It serves no purpose but to make it more aggarvating for the user.

------------------
"The future is not determined by a throw of the dice, but is determined by the conscious decisions of you and me."
I am addicted to ellipses!!! AHHH!!! ...
2003-07-24, 10:50 AM #7
ok, got rid of..and added a links section to the "about" bit...xblz is my cousins webpage so i included it there..its also still being made

------------------
2003-07-25, 3:23 AM #8
You may want to use brinkster.com as your host. They have no popups or any other irritating idiocy and they're free as well (at least this was all true a few months back when I used them).

Looking good so far. I've messed around with Flash myself, but have only done small movies and animations so far. Have any links to good tutorials that will actually help someone create a website such as yours?

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2003-07-25, 5:01 AM #9
Looks good but, I'd make the text on the about button the same size as the text on the other buttons. Maybe you need something between the individual bits, or even better, linking the bits togeather at the moment it looks like you have a load of pieces on their own rather than a thing as a whole. What you have looks good though [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
WARNING: THIS POST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUT!!!
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2003-07-25, 5:18 AM #10
thanx for the suggestions, i'll give brinkster a try too..the site will have new pics of my time machine level soon too

------------------
2003-07-25, 7:19 AM #11
No goofy fool! Use my server!!!

Yomp.net

just email me...

------------------
MaxisReed
AIM: MaxisReed
ChatOp, EC administrator, and "some sort of god!"
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"

↑ Up to the top!