Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Anubis Type Character For JO
Anubis Type Character For JO
2003-07-24, 10:52 PM #1
I'm very new at this, making models for JO, but i have been using AliasWavefront Maya for a little while now, so I decided to make a Anubis type Model for JO, this is what I was able to accomplish in the first 5-10 Minutes after I got started, it's not even close to being done, please give me some advice, even if it's good or bad:

[http://home.comcast.net/~fradac/maya_images/creature_beta.jpg]

------------------

[This message has been edited by tasmic (edited July 25, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by tasmic (edited July 25, 2003).]
2003-07-25, 2:56 AM #2
Unless you've got some super rendering program which makes your model as smooth as that just for taking screenshots, then that model will have far too many polies to be used in a game like JO.

Using that 'One Ring' picture as a texture is a very bad idea, use textures that are actually designed for skins.

------------------
"Gotta love the part when 20 guys come out of that Jeep Wrangler." -THRAWN
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2003-07-25, 11:44 AM #3
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Acharjay:

Using that 'One Ring' picture as a texture is a very bad idea,

</font>

Yes. I say this not be be a prick, but as advice. Worst Use of texture ever. you could do alot better.

I like the head.

Question, "Anubis", as in "Stargate: The Movie" or "Stargate SG1", or otherwise?

------------------
the pink pills are for your sanity
we are buried in the earth because we can't beat gravity
you are still here and so made to figure
you are an important part of the computer
2003-07-25, 12:14 PM #4
As in Egyptian Mythology I'd asume...
And I really doubt those are textures he means to use for the final product...

The head looks cool but the torso looks a bit odd.

------------------
Call me Vedder.
Author of: A Pirate's Tale (Mots SP)
APT homepage
----
<phantom> You're always going to be aloser if you attempt to aspire to massassi standards.
<phantom> They're a bunch of socially inadequate <beep> whores who have little or no lives.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2003-07-25, 1:46 PM #5
I know the "One Ring" is a bad idea, i just used if for that time b/c plain white would have looked boring, i will change it, thanks for the advice though

------------------
2003-07-26, 5:16 AM #6
I advise you spend more than 5 mins on each part of the model not just thw whole thing, but like, maybe a few hours on the head, half an hour for an arm, hours on the torso.

Models don't magically look good, you need to spend time on them for that to be the case.

------------------
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.
2003-08-01, 4:42 PM #7
i've stopped making this model, i realized i still have much to learn on modelling humans/creatures, i might get back to it once i've learned more about it

------------------
2003-08-02, 12:26 AM #8
Wise decision. Don't give up though!

------------------
"Gotta love the part when 20 guys come out of that Jeep Wrangler." -THRAWN
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz

↑ Up to the top!